The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I hope your Sunday is going well! I am looking for some input and direction on a future purchase.

I really enjoy my divers and Seiko has a special place with me too. I currently only have 3, A 300m Tuna, Sawtooth, and my very first one from 1985 with a 5h23 movement that currently doesnt work.

I was thinking about possibly sourcing a diver from 1987 which was the year I graduated from high school. I do this some with my firearm collection and I thought it would be pretty cool to do it with Seiko too.

My question is, what would be a good large size diver made in that era? I have researched it some and I think I found one....a 6309-7049. Is this a good choice? Do I look for one thats been ragged out only to undergo a restoration project?..or find one in great running order regardless of its cosmetic condition and just wear it and enjoy it?

I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you for reading. Kevin.

·
Researcher
5,031 Posts
Were they still producing them in '87? or had the 7002 divers taken over?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were they still producing them in '87? or had the 7002 divers taken over?
Oh man, I would not be the one to speak on that with authority. This is a new idea for me and have just started researching it. I'll look into it though. Thank you. Kevin.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Seiko 150 Divers- 6309-7040/49 's

Florida Kev, Aloha LongBike.

The 6309 divers ............ ( 6306 & 7040/49 )
were made from ...... Mid-1976 to 1988 if not mistaken of this.
Lot of FAKE'S for sale also.

Single watch picture is a Hong Kong Dial -1978
Small Group pictures :
From top left to right:
1977-7040, 1978- 7049, 1984-7040, 1986-7040-
1982-7040- second row (First one,(Jonathan's Bracelet)
I have a few more from .......... 1977, 78, 82, 84, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Oh man, I would not be the one to speak on that with authority. This is a new idea for me and have just started researching it. I'll look into it though. Thank you. Kevin.

Kev ,on your Posting main Topic, Don't use all capital letters for the.
Use small letters also.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the information. They look really nice. I'll have to start looking around to see what is available. I think I would prefer to stay away from ones that have been modded. I don't know why, just a feeling. I guess an argument could be made for one having had mods performed on it, I just think mostly original is better. I could be wrong though. Kevin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts