The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I hope your Sunday is going well! I am looking for some input and direction on a future purchase.

I really enjoy my divers and Seiko has a special place with me too. I currently only have 3, A 300m Tuna, Sawtooth, and my very first one from 1985 with a 5h23 movement that currently doesnt work.

I was thinking about possibly sourcing a diver from 1987 which was the year I graduated from high school. I do this some with my firearm collection and I thought it would be pretty cool to do it with Seiko too.

My question is, what would be a good large size diver made in that era? I have researched it some and I think I found one....a 6309-7049. Is this a good choice? Do I look for one thats been ragged out only to undergo a restoration project?..or find one in great running order regardless of its cosmetic condition and just wear it and enjoy it?

I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you for reading. Kevin.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Were they still producing them in '87? or had the 7002 divers taken over?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Seiko 150 Divers- 6309-7040/49 's

Florida Kev, Aloha LongBike.

The 6309 divers ............ ( 6306 & 7040/49 )
were made from ...... Mid-1976 to 1988 if not mistaken of this.
Lot of FAKE'S for sale also.

Single watch picture is a Hong Kong Dial -1978
Small Group pictures :
From top left to right:
1977-7040, 1978- 7049, 1984-7040, 1986-7040-
1982-7040- second row (First one,(Jonathan's Bracelet)
I have a few more from .......... 1977, 78, 82, 84, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the information. They look really nice. I'll have to start looking around to see what is available. I think I would prefer to stay away from ones that have been modded. I don't know why, just a feeling. I guess an argument could be made for one having had mods performed on it, I just think mostly original is better. I could be wrong though. Kevin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.