The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Blizzard outside, we've had ~ 25 cm of snow so far and it will probably continue all night. I love it!

However, in a month I'll be going to a warmer place (Sri Lanka in this case), and I'll do some diving. And what a perfect reason to get a new diver. I'm looking at the Aqualand range, but I'm open for suggestions ... Here in the somewhat chilly north I dive in my dry suit, using my Suunto Vyper dive computer, but I'd like a back-up. And something to use whenever I dive on vacations (which means renting the gear and that usually includes a dive computer).

Chris Galbraith posted a nice review a day ago (http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japa...n-citizen-promaster-depth-meter-aqualand.html) and that is one of the candidates of course.

Then there is something classy, like the JP2004-07E. Or maybe the AL0000-04E? Or what models am I missing?

I've never dived with watches like these, so I'd be very happy to hear about your experiences. Which are easy to read, have good lume, can be handled with gloves ... etc.

The "musts" aren't that many - basically I need it to have have a depth meter.

It'd be nice if it were metric, and had a decompression alarm. And to be able to swap straps, maybe putting it on a nato for summertime snorkeling.

What are your thoughts, gentlemen?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi again!

... I was very close to buy the BN2025-02E (the one with the gold case) and if there had been golden strap adaptors available I guess I would have ...

Instead, this little thing arrived today:

I also realised it's my second quartz watch :grin:

Have a nice weekend!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx! Got it new from creationwatches, a Singapore based non-authorised (gray market) dealer. I've bought from them several times, they've always been very quick and professional IMO ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts