The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found an ok bezel in my box for my 7548 but alas it's missing the lume pip
Any ideas for adding one easly(even fake just to give the look)
I can order one from the Philippines but it's a couple of weeks + wait

Ta

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do you have any other old 6309/7548 inserts with a pip? It has a plastic lens over the top. Pry this out, fill the hole in the new insert with new lume and gently press the lens in. Clean up any mess and there you go.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've found an ok bezel in my box for my 7548 but alas it's missing the lume pip
Any ideas for adding one easly(even fake just to give the look)
I can order one from the Philippines but it's a couple of weeks + wait
Ta
This should help.

youtube # GyEB2yDBXbM

·
Registered
26,000 Posts
Actually, The Original Lens on Pips are tapered to fit, The lens goes in first...Then one applies the Lume and it acts as a "Glue" to hold the lens in place.Or you can place a piece of plastic tape over the front of the bezel and carefully apply a clear epoxy (very thin) let dry and the lume the back side ;)

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
A lumed back side?? OMG!! I've heard tell of the sun shining from some - but at night?

·
Special Member
4,752 Posts
I have the same problem with the original bezel from an SKX009 that I modded. I want to restore it back to original but missing pip on bezel. Does anyone know where to get an original? Last time I looked around they were all aftermarket.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Don't know about original, but here are some generics.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_150.html#9131

Generic Illumines Dot for Bezel Insert
This is it and it works well. For the past 12 years this has been the only replacement Luminous Dot available on the replacement market. Made to snap right in place, however some feel it is best to secure it in place with a slightest amount of glue. Sold Per Piece.
Illumines Dot
$24.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts