The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've spent what would otherwise have been a very boring afternoon at work (unusual lack of customers today :undecided:) trying to find out if this e-bay offering is a Franken or actually RARE.

The first thing that struck me was that it's a 7009. I have two Actus (Actuces, Acti ?) that are both 7019 calibre. I know there is a 6106 and a 6306 version and the WUS Branding Dictionary says there may be others.

A bit more research turned up the exact model (different S/No, so not the same watch) but with different hands. So 7009 can be included in the list.

It looks very nice, but has it been "modded" ?

Also, seller says it's from July '81 (S/No. 17xxxxx) and I thought the Actus was a '70s model. However as the 7009 wasn't around until the late 70's, it must be correct.

So once again the world of (it's only a :mad:) Seiko has kept me occupied and amused. And I've learned something new.:grin:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
What does the caseback say?

What is the movement code at the bottom of the dial?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As it wasn't a fortune, I decided to go for it and I'm very pleased with it.

It would appear that there are two branches of the Actus family, the Actus and 5Actus. Just to make it even more confusing there are some that have the same codes. I have two 7019-7060 that are one of each ! One is a Franken, but during my research I have come across other 7060 models that are either.

Does that make sense ?:confused:

The 7009 models are late '70s, early '80s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts