The Watch Site banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years (seven actually) I have finally put together the three JDM 6139s plus the Sunrise. I’m super stoked to have completed this mission.
1. April ‘69 Gold dial just received from YJ after getting a heads up from Todd. It’s running well so I just cleaned up the case and put in a new crystal and gaskets from Tom. I just put it on a NOS Stellux until I get some endlinks for a Speedtimer bracelet from OFAS.
2. April ‘69 Blue dial from Japan a few years ago, a John Sachs restoration with a vintage Speedtimer bracelet from Jon. I bought this off OFAS whilst in the loo and smashing the BIN with extreme prejudice.
3. March ‘69 Blue -6010 from an auction in Australia several years ago and restored by VTA. Bracelet came from Brian (byscott) and NOS chapter ring from Tom.
4. Dec ‘72 Sunrise from SCWF member in Italy, bought during the height of Covid there in 2020. Shipped out directly to Simon who did the restoration. Came with the bracelet. Somehow all the shipping worked (Divine providence).

It takes a village to do this. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
1,332 Posts
After many years (seven actually) I have finally put together the three JDM 6139s plus the Sunrise. I’m super stoked to have completed this mission.
1. April ‘69 Gold dial just received from YJ after getting a heads up from Todd. It’s running well so I just cleaned up the case and put in a new crystal and gaskets from Tom. I just put it on a NOS Stellux until I get some endlinks for a Speedtimer bracelet from OFAS.
2. April ‘69 Blue dial from Japan a few years ago, a John Sachs restoration with a vintage Speedtimer bracelet from Jon. I bought this off OFAS whilst in the loo and smashing the BIN with extreme prejudice.
3. March ‘69 Blue -6010 from an auction in Australia several years ago and restored by VTA. Bracelet came from Brian (byscott) and NOS chapter ring from Tom.
4. Dec ‘72 Sunrise from SCWF member in Italy, bought during the height of Covid there in 2020. Shipped out directly to Simon who did the restoration. Came with the bracelet. Somehow all the shipping worked (Divine providence).

It takes a village to do this. Thank you all.

Lovely watches! I was expecting a Speed-Timer 6139-6030, not a 6010 though. Why did you choose these 4 for your mission when there are many other JDM 6139s? Again, great pieces 👍

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lovely watches! I was expecting a Speed-Timer 6139-6030, not a 6010 though. Why did you choose these 4 for your mission when there are many other JDM 6139s? Again, great pieces
You know, I need to check that number again when I can get to that watch. I have four 6139-60xx and I may have mixed up the last digits. I really wanted to get all of the 1969 Speedtimers and then by extension the other -6000 series for the 1972 Sunrise. There are other missions in the future perhaps on the -7000 and -8000 series.

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts