The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
33,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accuracy to the second does not really bother me to be honest, it did in my digital days i used to sync them every day with the talking clock :) but for the last 15 years or so ever since i went auto in the main i have been quite content if within half a min or so a day, if i could get them better i did but no great concern.

Well a few weeks ago i obtained a 6105-8000 from the TF (Thanks gain Steve) that appeared to be in pretty poor condition you may remember that needed some work and the movement needed a complete strip and rebuild etc.

After wearing it for one week it was running at about two min fast which i was more than happy with, so a little tweak of the regulator and i have now been wearing it solid for 10 days and it is twelve seconds fast !!!

I would love to be able to take the credit for this sort of accuracy but i think it must just be one of those movements that all the manufacturing tolerances are good in the movement.

Since rebuilding it i have swapped out both the bezel and crown and replaced them with OEM NOS, there was no need but.........

ps: Not worn Harry now for two and a half weeks just so impressed with the performance of this one.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
thats great!
did you notice any variations at night when you are not wearing it?
i.e. does it gain at night and slow down in the day to sort of balance out?

·
Registered
534 Posts
great results there.....I don't mind Seiko quartz...and found this 2000 Landtrek model 8F56 rated then at +-20secs/year .....hehehe...

·
Administrator
33,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time said:
thats great!
did you notice any variations at night when you are not wearing it?
i.e. does it gain at night and slow down in the day to sort of balance out?
The only time i take my watch off is to have a shower or wash the pots up, with Harry i noticed the accuracy varied according to my day ie: if i was busy or idle, but this one is just so constant.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Thats pretty darn good John, very nice and I am still amazed at this transformation. The proverbial ugly caterpillar (with its unique charm) to beautiful butterfly....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts