The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not my week, I spent four days corresponding with an ebay seller Fumfo in Australia for a 7018 6000 in nice condition. I managed to get him to agree to 300 us dollar. He then put it on as a buy it now so I could buy it and someone got there before me. So for four days with next to no sleep having to stay awake due to the time difference someone else got a bargain. GUTTED.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That is a real kick in teeth.... my sympathies. I have wondered why ebay doesn't have a feature that allows the restriction on the sale of an item to a small group or single user. Would be useful in various situations, like yours.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch. The Time Sonar is a cool watch.

Why list it on eBay? The seller would lose 10% in eBay fees + the PayPal fees.

Also, I believe eBay does have private listings.
The seller new nothing about watches and was amazed by my offer,I tried to get him just to invoice me through paypal but he just changed the listing to buy it now. I doubt I will get another at that price but I still have hope.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Some time back i did some similar negotiating for some parts for a vintage motorcycle, i agreed a bin price with the seller and asked him to relist it as "parts for Ivorbiggin" with the agreed bin price, no pics and description of "Bin for Ivorbiggin". When relisted email me the item no.
No fear of someone swooping in on rare BSA parts bin £75

Dodgy if your dealing with a scammer, but then i only buy from sellers with more than 97% feedback, and i do check the feedback comments

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The watch

I have seen the .......... " Limited Force ", one on line,
and its very nice and appears to be made in nice
character design.
when questions are asked.

·
Special Member
8,956 Posts
So sorry to hear this tale.

Another work-around is for the Seller to have the Buy It Now price as agreed upon, no "payment required now" to complete BIN, then tag on a crazy high S&H adder - say $500. shipping - and then have him send you an invoice with a proper low S&H This deters others from cashing in like happened to you. Of course you have to trust the seller, but it works. If he doesn't invoice with the low shipping then you don't complete the transaction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.