The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Looks great Tony , and will await its finishing. It looks original
in many parts of being a Diver watch, but TST it will look great.
Like that Dial scheme, good thing and development in that one.
Aloha Sir.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great Tony , and will await its finishing. It looks original
in many parts of being a Diver watch, but TST it will look great.
Like that Dial scheme, good thing and development in that one.
Aloha Sir.
Not quite original for parts.. 6309-7040 case, 6309-729a caseback, aftemarket bezel insert...

So ripe for modification.. :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Weren't there some 6309 mods way back that had plain dials and the lume painted on the underside of the crystal? I wasn't a fan of them because it obstructed the view of the hands, but if done correctly, it could be ideal for your project because it'd leave the beautiful artwork on that dial untouched.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I quite like it as it is with no markers. The human brain is a remarkable thing and does not need them with the minute track and bezel. Part of the allure is no markers.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mount white sticks or white rivet heads on the inner bezel at 1 - 12 postions. Won't interfere with the dial and will offer just enough contrast to distinguish the marker positions. Very nice watch.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weren't there some 6309 mods way back that had plain dials and the lume painted on the underside of the crystal? I wasn't a fan of them because it obstructed the view of the hands, but if done correctly, it could be ideal for your project because it'd leave the beautiful artwork on that dial untouched.
Yes I do remember them.. but may just leave without any markers as am adjusting to it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts