The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
28,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the 7548 diver range takes some beating and over the years I have owned all the variants apart from one, the 7548-7010 being the perfect one to wear and own as apart from the screw down crown and case back it also has the screw down crystal retaining ring.

Anyway I digress, these days I only keep three in my collection any others I own have been sold/traded or put aside for the next watch fair (at least 3 for the next fair).

I like them on the Z199 bracelet and after sourcing another Z199 a couple of weeks back all three keepers are now wearing them, happy chappy :)

From left to right 700C (1982), 7010 (1985)and 7000 (1981).

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
Triple Winners all with hard-to-find Z199 bracelets :) The 7548 quartz watches are some of my favorite and they just look so right on an original Z199. 7548s movements are tough as nails and they just keep running. All 3 of your 7548s look Stunning especially displayed on those Seiko Stands. I have these cheap plastic stands - I've got to get some of those :) Beautiful Watches... Beautiful Display!

·
Administrator
28,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What? No Teal ?
Did have a very nice one Jon but sold it to a friend.

Hi John what watch fair is this you speak of? Something in the UK?
It is at the Birmingham Motorcycle museum jct 6 of the M42 almost next door to Birmingham Airport, next one is Sunday 15th March.

Always tends to be a few SCWF members there and it is a good morning out having a look round and a chat with like minded guys.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seiko Z199's in good condition with end links are hard to find - most on eBay seem CreamKrackered, even at £100+ ........ I put a watch on one recently at a BIN of £140 ..... after a few days the seller came back with a reduction to £90, but I passed as the condition looked poor.

I just plan to buy an Uncle Seiko @ £60 as I have a few of his straps and have never been disappointed. although I may just take the burr off the edges of the end links as they do seem "sharpe" and may scratch these precious objects that we all treasure

Of course, for originality, OEM is always best!!

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Thats a nice set you have there John, what else have you got hidden at the top of the garden?:grin:

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
I've commented before but I like your Seiko stands too!

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Nice collection of 7548’s, John! Covered a lot of ground within the range with those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts