The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi folks,

Yes, three (3!) separate double unveilings in one post! Wow, huh? :-D

Okay, I cheated (like usual) as only one is for two watches, the other two unveilings are more minor.

But I got you to click in, so let's get going and reduce your torture...

Here is the package for the first unveiling. I do love shopping at Amazon, my family pays $100/year to be a Prime member, so I get free shipping, and in Ohio I don't pay sales tax, and they have a huge fulfillment center nearby in Kentucky, so I typically get my order overnight! And their prices are usually quite low, so it's incredibly enticing!

Click for Big Image

Inside are some exotic sounding Lithium batteries, but what watches are these for?

Click for Big Image

None! They are for my venerable Canon 10D DSLR that I use for my photography. Yes, I know it's ancient as far as digital cameras go, but every time I think about upgrading, there is a newer, better one "right around the corner" that it "makes sense to wait for". :-/ (I would have jumped to Nikon if I didn't already have so many Canon lenses.)

Click for Big Image

Okay, this box looks very promising, my second purchase from Higuchi and Katsu-san.

Click for Big Image

Looks like everything is packed very well.

Click for Big Image

Oooo, some "staff-made" "fish-sticks"!? Good jos, I am sure! :-D

Click for Big Image

Ahh, two beautiful watch boxes, that's what I want to see.

I'm going to grab the left one first, okay?

Click for Big Image

Mmmm, one of my favorite brands!

Click for Big Image

Lately these gray boxes mean "SARB..." but let's see for sure!

Click for Big Image

Oh darn, it's stuck!! ºLº This always happens to me!

Click for Big Image

There we go!

Oh cool, it's one of the new SARG models, the SARG007. I love watches with arabic numerals, and the compass bezel will also serve for timing, which is another feature I use a lot.

Click for Big Image

Yes, it looks very nice. Sapphire crystal, too. The crown does not screw down, and the bezel adjustment is very "light" and easy to turn by accident, I'll have to see if there is a way to tighten that up when I get inside.

It also has a display back that shows the undecorated, silver, 6R15 movement, of which I stupidly forgot to take a picture. I guess I was too excited about moving to the second box!!

Click for Big Image

Another Seiko!? Wow, who would have guessed?!

Click for Big Image

Same "pebbled" gray box too!

Click for Big Image

Oh heck! I'm really getting tired of these boxes sticking!!

But I see a brown strap, which should tell me something! ;-)

Click for Big Image

Woohoo! It's the other brother SARG, the SARG005, with a creamy colored dial.

Let's look closer!

Click for Big Image

Yes, very nice! I do wish it had the red marker for "N", like the SARG007 though.

How about a side-by-side look? Sound good?

Click for Big Image

Very handsome, nicely detailed and functional, don't you think? They will probably never be my favorite Seiko's, but as a dedicated Seiko fan, I thought I better grab these before they are discontinued! ^L^

I also have bracelets coming (off the SARG001 model) which will bring up the "tool" factor, and allow me to wear them on my sweaty wrist in warm weather. And I won't wear the leather straps until I can get a silver and gold deployant mounted from my Bob Davis collection.

Click for Big Image

But WAIT! There is MORE! ^L^

Don't forget I have a third double-unveiling!!

Here is a very heavy, padded mailing envelope from exotic Canada!

Click for Big Image

No wonder it was so heavy, as it not only includes two of William Jean's "Super Oyster" bracelets with solid end-links for my growing collection of vintage Seikos, it also includes an "interesting" free Nato!! ^L^

Click for Big Image

Yikes! That is probably not one of his best selling Nato patterns, but William also did me a big favor that I am going to keep secret from you scheming connivers, so you don't take advantage of the kind man!

Click for Big Image

Okay, that's it for the "triple-double" unveiling, I hope you enjoyed the show!

I think I am going to open these up and (with my limited skills) try to swap the compass bezels, just for some variety and contrast.

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey there Thomas!!Wow! Its been some time since I read your engaging (yet lengthy) unveilings!

Makes me miss the days when I had time to do such well thought out posts. Hahaha

Love the chapter ring swap - looks good !

Looking forward to your matching shirt/wrist shots.

Ps : we should really ask Seiko to design better boxes. Your boxes always gets stuck at the same point! hahaha

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Bad-one! :-D

It is a lot of work, but it is a labor of love!

I do get frustrated with the darn boxes, too! ;-) I'm glad you sympathize!

- Thomas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts