The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -After the last vacation with a 6309, I've decided to stop being a WIS and to take
my most valuable and rare watch to my vacation - If I can't enjoy it, whats the point of having it?

First day at the beach

The bracelet stayed home, and the Velcro strap with spring-tensioned strap is on, keeping the watch tight on the wrist.
Even if one spring bar fails, the one piece strap will keep the watch with me

[img]

Some beauty shots :D

[img]

[img]

Wrist shots

[img]

[img]

[img]

Testing the water

[img]

And now for some diving!I'll apologize first - underwater pics were taken using a point-and-shoot basic film camera,
with water resistancerating of 8 feet :( so the pics were taken while snorklling, not diving.
But... fish are fish.
The strap now is a two-piece zulu with a safety cord

[img]

[img]

This one called "flute" fish

[img]

[img]

Look how beautiful is the... Kontiki, "blinging" on my wrist

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

We've spotted a Barakuda fish, but she ran away quickly

[img]

Back to safe land, there is me with the Kontiki

[img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/galpo_2008/Sinai%202010/DSC_7616_mlr.jpg

And one "Artistic" for the road

I hope you enjoyed this little trip,
Thanks for looking,
Galpo[/b]

·
Registered
964 Posts
Very cool Galpo!

Even I'm not a diver and do not want to spend too much money for diver watches, I simply have to love that Kontiki!
Theoretically I could also dive with my Kontike GMT, but my sixties three hand Kontiki better stays away from Water until I get the seals replaced:

Cheers,

Axel

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Axel66 said:
Very cool Galpo!

Even I'm not a diver and do not want to spend too much money for diver watches, I simply have to love that Kontiki!
Theoretically I could also dive with my Kontike GMT, but my sixties three hand Kontiki better stays away from Water until I get the seals replaced:

Cheers,

Axel
[/quote]

WOW! Those are both beauties! I especially like the one on the left.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, Galpo, that is one beautiful watch! Haven't seen one like this before. I like your attitude on enjoying a watch, even if it's rare!
Thanks for showing! I could use some days of vacation by the sea, too... :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Galpo said:
Hi all -After the last vacation with a 6309, I've decided to stop being a WIS and to take
my most valuable and rare watch to my vacation - If I can't enjoy it, whats the point of having it?
Very cool post, Galpo - and awesome shots! I put several in my diver based screen saver. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Galpo said:
Please imagine that the barakuda is hidden behind the needle fish ;)

Nice :D ... remind me to never buy a used car from you!

Great post, too, really brought back the memories! Is that an IDF-issue Kontiki?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
swing---kid said:
Again, great watch! I wonder what the engraved words on the caseback say in English?
Ah, that's easy. I know Hebrew, it's my language.
The upper number is a serial number, 6 digits and on the right (barely seen) is the letter "TZADEE" in Hebrew
- all IDF equipment has this letter, meaning that is IDF property. "TZADEE" is the first letter in the Hebrew word for "force" or "Army".

The numbers on the lower part, in a little curved line, is the IDF catalogue number for this watch.
The words mean "Cat. No" - catalogue number.

Cheers,
Galpo

·
Registered
116 Posts
Beautiful watch, I have tried to get one for over 10 years, many of them were so beat up from combat I just gave up looking. But I know Eterna is coming out with a reissue this year, so I will have to grab one. Nice underwater pics by the way.

Andries Westerbaan

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Axel66 said:
This one, I guess:

Do you already something about the price tag?

Cheers,

Axel
[/quote]

Wow, didn't see this picture in such good quality, thank you for posting.

I've read somewhere (Dive forum at WUS?) that MSRP will be around 3000 Euro. :o
But also read that Eterna watches are sold sometimes at 50% of the official price.
I'll start saving :D , either way it'll be very expensive...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Roger,

Great pic as usual. Only thing it might be going for 3 big US dollars. I will have to sell some binos or cameras and some change to buy it.
Andries Westerbaan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts