The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and one popped as a BIN yesterday morning, and I snagged. Now I will nervously await it's arrival.

Seller's pics, comments?

Question on the bracelet, is that one original to the watch, or no?

Gracias

·
Registered
845 Posts
Looking at the endlinks, I don't think that is the original bracelet.

Oddly enough, that looks like the bracelet off a Knight diver.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Steve,

From the pics it appears to be a clean example. A few items that are typically found on these are spots or little specks on the dial and varying degrees of hand corrosion from moisture intrusion. This one seems to be in good nick from that perspective. One of the other these have issues with the gear that rotates the internal bezel which are not easy to source. How does the caseback look?

If the movt is not functioning properly a swap is not difficult and easy to find.

I agree with aladin that the bracelet is a more modern seiko or other type.

Good find and post pics when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Hi steve. Excellent catch. these old 6119's are every harder to find without them being mishadled by someone. The case could use a little work. Swedefreak is a good person to restore the metal back to spec. to answer your question, no, that is not the original bracelet.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Not knowing what you paid, hard to say if its a good deal, but it is certainly a nice looking watch from the pictures. I need to add one of these to my collection.

Congrats.....

·
Registered
688 Posts
The sushi rolls are nice. There were several 6119 models from the early 1970s that had those metal dials (in blue, green and silver, too) and they seem to have survived better than average. Here's mine:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Oh, I love sushi, this Seiko kind too. ;) Nice find and enjoy it on the wrist.
They are tough to find, especially in decent conditions.
Would love me some sushi now. mmmmm getting hungry. hehe.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies...

aladin_sane and Isthmus, thanks... didn't think the bracelet was original but wasn't sure.

left_wrist, it does appear to be in prety good shape, don't know about the caseback 'cause there was no pics of that.

water70proof, that's an awesome looking example.

Technoman, wasn't a "steal" but I hope I make out OK on it.... Will update with some pics and condition report after it arrives. Here's what I paid, link to the (ended) auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400119084145

I haven't done many BIN's, usually too slow on the draw. I jumped on this one right after it popped up, cause I figured if I didn't, someone else would pretty quickly.... ;)

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Thats a really good price in my opinion if it turns out to be as nice as it looks. If I had seen it, I would have bought it :(

Congrats again and enjoy and if you see another yellow one with a BIN, give me a holler.... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts