The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may remember my thread from a couple of months back - I was so happy to have found a relatively unmolested 5246 KS Special, and was looking forward to getting to know the refined movement as it silkily counted away the seconds with chronometer accuracy...

The reality was that it gained about 3 hours a day!

Now I'm not really an accuracy freak, but that is something else...

I took advice on this wondrous forum and was correctly pointed towards a hairspring issue. So, off to the watchmaker it went and today it returned:

Now, many of us based in the UK know of Richard Askham's skills - he has all the dedication and patience to transform watches. This one needed less of a transformation, but nonetheless the impact on the timekeeping has been very impressive.

Having worn the watch now for 12 hrs, it has gained 2 seconds - not bad!

I must admit, this little watch has charmed me already... It's tricky to say exactly why...It is too small, it has far too much text on the dial, and it's the only KS I own which is missing a fancy case-back:

It is however an absolutely lovely package - like a top vintage Grand Seiko that has shrunk in the wash!

I think we agreed on another recent thread that it is the little things in life...

Well here's another:

Certainly enough to put a smile on my face!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
there is a lot on the dial, but it's very nice to see all the same :)

I rather like the back, looks very sleek.

Very nice piece - and buckle! - glad it's been sorted. Watches don't have to be big to be impressive....

Stephen

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
that is a amazing find...and great he was able to repair it very quickly too...very elegant watch...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts