The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow member here alerted me to a quite remarkable 6139-6002 on the 'Bay. Remarkable because of where it ended up, even though it's in decent but hardly amazing shape.

Closed on eBay UK at £1,130 for a July 71 6030T-dial yellow RESIST...

Needs a service, but it's in decent shape, purportedly a single-owner watch and on original non-tapered H-link band. I think that's a new high watermark for a yellow 6139-6002...

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
A fool and his money are soon parted
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A fool and his money are soon parted
Yeah, I'm sure there are lots of wise people who said that when the first £500 Pogue sold on eBay ...

It seems there was a bit of a chase on for this one:

There was another 6139-6002 RESIST with only 50 serial numbers difference, that sold 36 hours earlier, also in the UK... being sold by a dealer (rather than previous - original? - owner as per the 1st one) .... £501. Bit of damage to the dial and a not-quite-original bracelet might have been the cause?

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
There seems to be a mad scramble for Yellow Pogue's nowadays.... Blue Pogue's are falling way behind so far.
There are so many fakes turning up on eBay, mostly from the same UK sellers, buyers are falling all over the occasional nice genuine example.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I wonder if Tom is the happiest member we have ? :)
I won't be buying any at these prices but I may be selling a few.

Time to share some of the paperwork I've saved showing what I used to pay for nice "all original" models: $58 - $100 a pop.

·
Registered
941 Posts
There seems to be a mad scramble for Yellow Pogue's nowadays.... Blue Pogue's are falling way behind so far.
There are so many fakes turning up on eBay, mostly from the same UK sellers, buyers are falling all over the occasional nice genuine example.
It seems to be the case specifically for the resist dial variant, altho that may soon change. But check this one out that sold about a week ago.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,689 Posts
From my experience a single auction or sales price does not make a "market" and this one result could be an outlier but WoW prices sure look like they are moving up and fast. The 6139 Pogue is a very popular watch among collectors here and there are many times when I wonder How Many 6139s SCWF members own? Perhaps someone would like to start a poll as maybe others would also be curious?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I used to buy these things for the same price Tom picked up a lot of his. I'd buy complete watches for "parts" watches for $165, including yellow ones, for bezels etc, but I really used to buy them for the bracelets. Now, you're lucky to get a broken bracelet for $100. ugh. As much as I love these particular watches, I personally don't think they should be worth as much as they are fetching in auctions.

I bought them because I thought they were cool and liked the pepsi bezel.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
85 Posts
I only started collecting 6139/8's around this time last year, and I was still picking up great blue 6002/5's for £150 a pop well into the new year - fully working with original bracelets. March this year was the tipping point I think. from then on, everything began to skyrocket in price.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is that the "2500$ easy" watch? :D

Yes it is. Sure doesnt look like 2500 to me.
For someone somewhere sometime it is worth $2500, they just don't know it yet lol. Though I wouldn't dream of paying that much and that's the honest truth..right at this moment.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts