The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this one a while back..in poor condition. Dial was badly stained.

I cleaned the dial with toothpaste and a toothbrush. Cleaned all the stain away but took the lettering with it. I painted the chapter ring and the seconds hand. added some relumed hands(by swedefreak) and a new bezel. :) :)

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Always sad to see a hard-used vintage SEIKO but your efforts have recreated a very nice look!!

8)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Looks really clean. Did you stick a NOS bezel on there? NICE!!

I am in the middle of a franken 6119 rally also. I picked up a black 6106 rally dial, custom trimmed a 6119 dial ring to fit it and sprayed it black. Managed to get the correct 6106 hands as well. Will post pics when completed, I am just waiting on a crystal.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Nice result, very clean. Of course if you find a dial and chapter ring in good shape you could restore it to its original looks, but the "franken" looks good already.
Cheers,

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
wow beautiful save. it's almost like doing a sterile version of the original. Very classy.

One tip for future reference. The rehaute that the chapter ring is painted on on these watches is a brass ring that is plated in a silver metal, then painted over with the chapter ring pattern. If you dip the ring in solvent, it will remove the paint and expose the silver colored metal ring underneath. the unpainted ring has a nice matt finish to it. The ring on this mod made with the same case has been given such a tretment:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts