The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not officially one of the 'Pogue' range, having a different case number (6139-603 versus 6139-600 for a Pogue) I think this Seiko 6139 sharing the same case is the prettiest of the bunch!

This is a proof/proof model from 1970 .. it has the 2 part center seconds hand but not the notched case, so i guess it is something of a transitional model. All original as far as I know ..

The triangular pip at 12 o'clock on the inner rotating bezel has lost a bit of lume but otherwise the watch seems ok :)

Came to me not working & with an incorrect stem (missing the gear wheel and square section) but it's OK now thanks to a parts watch that arrived at the same time :)

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 'notched case' is when the crown is visible from the front .. if you look at this case in the side view there is a bit of case above the crown. The very first year of issue of this model (1969 and very early 1970) had a thinner case and with a 'notch' at 3 o'clock when viewed from the front through which the crown could be seen. I'm posting a photo to illustrate .. the blue dialled one is a 1969 model with a notch case, the yellow dialled version is more recent and has the (more common) non-notch case.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
:bowing:

A 'notched case' is when the crown is visible from the front .. if you look at this case in the side view there is a bit of case above the crown. The very first year of issue of this model (1969 and very early 1970) had a thinner case and with a 'notch' at 3 o'clock when viewed from the front through which the crown could be seen. I'm posting a photo to illustrate .. the blue dialled one is a 1969 model with a notch case, the yellow dialled version is more recent and has the (more common) non-notch case.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
love the colors...great find...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts