The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No WRUW today and I wanted to show of my latest new favorite watch (until the next one comes along-fickle am I). The SARB065 Cocktail Time. The deployment strap this comes on is weird and impossible for me to wear so after fitting a divers mesh in the interim I got me one of my favoured straps for it. A Darlena, cheap as chips at £8-99 but soooo supple and comfortable and in blue rubberised leather. Yes I am happy with the colour, unconventional but I like it.

Whilst in the garden at work I picked some red poppies that had self seeded in the vegetable garden, should brighten the place up, cost nothing too;-)

Anyway when I got home and collected the post and the 66 handwinder I 'won' on ebay had arrived. Anyone familiar with me know that 66's and 6602's are my thing, along with automatic chronographs, so I was excited. The seller said it was in good condition and for a change he was right on, nothing to do but clean and run through the ultrasonic, that I just did this evening. All the seals are good including the crown and the dial, indices and hands are as crisp as they come, remarkable for a 'proof cased april 1970 watch. When this was made I was in hospital with a burst appendix at the age of 7 years old.
My new 66-7100 as received fitted with a spare mesh strap.

I also removed a bezel for a member as I happened to have the right sized die then moved on to fitting the domed sapphire crystal with A/R coating to my 7548-TST. I was a little sceptical it would be a worthwhile upgrade but I must say it looks bloody fantastic. Get one from TheTigerUk:93:

Well that's me done for the day going to email a friend then I'm chillin.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Love the simplicity of a 66, so good to learn on and a great pick and go watch. No
shaking needed!

I kind of like that mesh strap on the 66 its growing on me. Its sort of got a beads of rice feel from the era.

Thanks for the Bezel removal, its appreciated.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Nice! Love the SARB065 and shocked as when I first saw you show that watch off I thought it was a 1960's watch! I just done a search and voila how wrong am I!

Thinking of selling all of my watches off and going 60's Seiko instead :)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Love the SARB065 and shocked as when I first saw you show that watch off I thought it was a 1960's watch! I just done a search and voila how wrong am I!

Thinking of selling all of my watches off and going 60's Seiko instead :)

Don't do it Tone:biggrin:

Bagsy have first refusal of any 6138/9's you want to shift:93:

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That 7100 is a ripper. What diameter is it and that dial is just beautiful, a real classic.
Small but perfectly formed at 35.5mm overall case without crown.

Thanks for your comments Duncan, we are on the same page and your points are exactly why I had to have it. Not exactly GS quality but who could pass it over at £27?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Pure class as always Mike.

You seem to be growing into the Forum's Zen master on left field, but perfect, strap choices.

That blue Darlena is joyous/

Loving the poppies as well.

Many Thanks for sharing

Kind Regards

Graham

1 - 14 of 14 Posts