The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on WUS today. Too good not to share with others. Picture from TheJohnP.

The use of "DATE" on the day window made me think of Animal House when they wear the college sweatshirt that says "COLLEGE".

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Why oh why bother doing this. I can't imagine that someone can build these things cheaply enough to warrant the trouble of the tiny return you could possible get from selling them to someone who doesn't know better. You are almost better off printing some cute dial with a cartoon character and selling the resulting piece as something cute but original targeted at kids. at least then you'd be selling the same crappy watch as something people might actually want to spend money on (even if not much money).

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Nasty doesn't even begin to describe it. Some people have bigger cojones than brains to pull off garbage like that. :-[ :-[

·
Registered
659 Posts
nhoJ said:
I saw this on WUS today. Too good not to share with others. Picture from TheJohnP.

The use of "DATE" on the day window made me think of Animal House when they wear the college sweatshirt that says "COLLEGE".
Hahahahaha!!! I wonder if the caseback just says "WATCH."

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Are you sure thats a fake :)

I am trying to make out what is printed underneath the OREINTEX (what the heck is that!!) applique. The addition of the Citizen like Eagle is also a nice touch and it makes so much sense to be told that those small numbers at 3:00 are in fact, the date. Last but not least, the use of the new hi-tech super green lume dots that are as flat as the dial itself makes this the breakout model in the OREINTEX stable...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts