The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the Benrus homage (sorta) with trit tubes to add to the Benrus homage type2 on the left in the photo. This left one was special ordered by a Japanese fashion store called BEAMS, 200 of them, and sold out within a year (so the story goes). They were made in Hong Kong. Very good quartz quality. Then I recently found the middle version with trit tubes and an inner 24hr dial set up in the same shape casing. It sold used as almost new and original box with extra grey NATO strap, so I snapped it up. The crystal is slightly bubbled but does not stick up too much. I label these two as fun watches with a mil style.

on desk typhoon and Hamilton homages by blingmeister, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I just picked up the Benrus homage (sorta) with trit tubes to add to the Benrus homage type2 on the left in the photo. This left one was special ordered by a Japanese fashion store called BEAMS, 200 of them, and sold out within a year (so the story goes). They were made in Hong Kong. Very good quartz quality. Then I recently found the middle version with trit tubes and an inner 24hr dial set up in the same shape casing. It sold used as almost new and original box with extra grey NATO strap, so I snapped it up. The crystal is slightly bubbled but does not stick up too much. I label these two as fun watches with a mil style.

Nice man. Very nice. How do they wear? Large? Small? Love this style of watch :)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice man. Very nice. How do they wear? Large? Small? Love this style of watch :)
They are 42mm from left bezel edge to crown, so they wear slightly small. Only gripe is they are 19mm lug widths. The Natos 20mm fit fine. The 2 ring zulu on the Benrus type2 works very well.The crystal is slightly bubbled. Quartz accuracy is fine in both.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

OTTO SAN , thianwong1
Sir , Typhoon Watch Crown looks great on there.
All there are fine time pieces. :72:
Hope you enjoy them also.
Aloha Sir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts