The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
33,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen a few of those for sale over the past 12 months and I'd have bought one if any were that good! What size is that John, 28mm diameter?
At the moment no idea Duncan but I imagine quite "cute" :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
It's got one of the best convex dials I've seen on a Seiko watch. Love it! I brought a convex today too :cool:

·
Special Member
7,485 Posts
El Tigre, is this the one you posted a teaser about months ago - getting something you always wanted but never had, waiting for your US connection to ship to you, that being a Chronometer Dial Seiko?

Either way I have a similar 32mm vintage Clinton with an A Schild movement that keeps near perfect time with no service or overhaul:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
i really like that one...great find

·
Special Member
1,819 Posts
Nice John, that looks super.

Do you think the second hand will clean up or will you end up replacing it?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You can't beat a Chronometer (as long as you can maintain the bloodline accuracy)

·
Administrator
33,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice John, that looks super.

Do you think the second hand will clean up or will you end up replacing it?
I won't see it for a while, long journey but as I may have mentioned in the past I REALLY dislike wabbie, by wabbie I mean the type where the hands, dial, insert are junk but some guys like to call it wabbie, not me it's junk (IMO) :)

But patina now that is a different matter and looking at this it has patina, aged pretty gracefully a little like myself :) I would like to think I can leave all as is apart from gasket and anything required service wise.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Very nice indeed... A nice quality tan leather strap will transform it too, that nasty expandocrapstrap belongs in a very hot furnace where it can do no more damage to wrist hairs or my sense of aesthetic style.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts