The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a bit of my evening swapping out the mid case on my 6002 .I was able to finally locate a good unpolished example with a low amount of wear.
This watch has literally no history.. mother Seiko never matched any of these parts originally.
I started collecting parts and began with the case back. A couple parts movements, a case, and then all the best aftermarket parts I needed.
It is as close to correct looking as my limited experience could make it.
This one is intended as a personal timepiece only. It will never be sold, and it is not an investment. Period. I value it’s bright colors, working lume, and correct water resistance. Of course, it runs very well also. The back dates to nov of 77, so that dictated the dial type. The movement is a 6139b, as it should be.
I was fortunate to find a plate, bridge and barrel assembly that was put away a long time ago, and had not seen any real wear. Nice and tight. Also had the balance and bridge with it. Mint.
So, after all this, I finally have a pogue in a nice condition, looking to most folks as it was intended by Seiko. And I don’t have to see much deterioration. And that is why I appreciate good aftermarket parts.
I could not afford this without them.
I invite your thoughts.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

·
Special Member
3,963 Posts
This watch has literally no history..
Of course the watch has a history . . .you put it together. I admire someone who has the courage to present their watch here on the Seiko forum to a very experienced group of collectors proudly claiming that it is full of aftermarket parts. I quess that if it is the best you can do and all you can afford and it's OK with you and you enjoy it then that is all that matters. So just to summarize:

Fake 6139 Dial
H/M Hands (they look real to my eye?)
Sweep and Subdial hands also look real (maybe repainted?)
Fake Inner Ring
Fake Bezel insert

How about the crown and pushers and bracelet? A breakdown of the costs involved would be interesting to see.

·
Administrator
34,767 Posts
I should imagine 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the worlds population would say thats very nice and if your happy thats all that maters:) (y)

·
Special Member
3,781 Posts
Of course the watch has a history . . .you put it together. I admire someone who has the courage to present their watch here on the Seiko forum to a very experienced group of collectors proudly claiming that it is full of aftermarket parts. I quess that if it is the best you can do and all you can afford and it's OK with you and you enjoy it then that is all that matters. So just to summarize:

Fake 6139 Dial
Fake Inner Ring
Fake Bezel insert

How about the crown and pushers and bracelet? A breakdown of the costs involved would be interesting to see.
Crown looks aftermarket. Unless it's pulled out

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crown looks aftermarket. Unless it's pulled out

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
It is aftermarket. The original stem broke with use, and left me with a ruined crown. New stem is genuine, I left it a tad long as it is easier for me to use. I have arthritis pretty bad in my fingers.

Reactions: CombatID

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is my Pogue. I didn't like the faded white original tack ring so I had an aftermarket ring put in when my watchmaker serviced the watch. I now wish I left the original ring in the watch. I keep looking for a used original ring that has some color left in it but they don't seem to come up very often.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Measuring instrument

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Fake 6139 Dial
Fake Inner Ring
Fake Bezel insert

Crown is am, pushers are genuine, crystal is am.And of course the bracelet.
None of this was cheap. It all cost something north of 500$. But I do know the reality of its condition.
I should add it is not all I could afford, it is more accurate to say it is what I was willing to pay, given the end purpose for this watch. This one is a tool. For daily wear without concern.
I am not using up something rare or historical.
This is my Pogue. I didn't like the faded white original tack ring so I had an aftermarket ring put in when my watchmaker serviced the watch. I now wish I left the original ring in the watch. I keep looking for a used original ring that has some color left in it but they don't seem to come up very often.
View attachment 494273
Hopefully you saved the original ring, I would put it back in. There is enough deterioration of the rest of the parts that the ring stands out. A mix of old and new parts just doesn’t seem to help the overall look. It needs to be either all old, or all new. Nice watch either way. Congrats.😁

·
Registered
284 Posts
Crown is am, pushers are genuine, crystal is am.And of course the bracelet.
None of this was cheap. It all cost something north of 500$. But I do know the reality of its condition.
I should add it is not all I could afford, it is more accurate to say it is what I was willing to pay, given the end purpose for this watch. This one is a tool. For daily wear without concern.
I am not using up something rare or historical.

Hopefully you saved the original ring, I would put it back in. There is enough deterioration of the rest of the parts that the ring stands out. A mix of old and new parts just doesn’t seem to help the overall look. It needs to be either all old, or all new. Nice watch either way. Congrats.😁
It was a few years ago and I cannot seem to find the original ring anymore.

·
First Lady
3,270 Posts
View attachment 494273
There are better aftermarket inner bezels out there, where you could relume the triangle, then relume the dial, and it would look better. You could even find a better condition used outer bezel. It just depends on whether you want to invest the time and money.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.