The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So browsing flea-bay and bid on this watch not thinking that Id actually get it...for $44.00 plus a $2.25 shipping I think its a decent risk as I wanted a 27J to add to the collection...We shall see how bad it really is when it arrives but sort of running and ringing I think is a good sign.

This is a SEIKO Men's Bell-Matic 27Jewel Watch. It needs work. When I shake it, it starts running, but then stops after a little while. The stem doesn't push in, pull out, or wind. It is stuck. I pulled the alarm button out, and it did ring one time while it was running. I think you are supposed to be able to change the date by pushing the alarm button, but that doesn't seem to work either. The crystal is scratched. The reason you can't see the DAY OF THE WEEK clearly in the photos is because there is a bad scratch right over it. The watchband is brown leather (?) skin. The metal is yellow gold tone and the face is champagne with yellow gold.
This watch belonged to my father-in-law. I don't know anything about watches, so I am describing it to the best of my ability.

4006-7010 863523

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She arrived...

(Excuse the crap pictures) Shes pretty rough but definitely workable I think... crown is stuck out and does not move, pusher sticking crystal is trashed, case should be salvageable. Once the my other Bell comes back from Ken at http://abouttimewatches.com Ill send it off... Happy I have a 27j even if its not a diashock...yet ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts