The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this watch (featured below), last summer and it ended up having fubar movement and I had to return it. It was frustrating as heck but what can you do.

Then, my Brazilian friend alerted me to a sale post by Dan Braun, for this match (featured below). I contacted Dan and we worked out a deal within minutes.
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p63/ptolemy2k6/Seiko/IMG_1514.jpg
When it arrived, it looked good, I acquired links for it and was getting ready to install them. At the end of March, my exams/presentations started so I got busy and did not get to the watch 'til early May. By then, I found out that calendar did not work. Since Dan's watchmaker had just replaced the battery, this seemed peculiar, so I contacted Dan, who offered to have his watch guy take another look. I sent it and it came back few weeks later. This time, I was cautious and it let it run for 2 weeks before doing anything and guess what: the calendar was still messed up. I contacted Dan again, and we decied to send it to COSERV.
Few weeks later, I got a quote from COSERV and sent them a check. Few weeks later I got another letter, saying that their initial estimate was wrong and that they found more damage, so i sent them another check. Few weeks later I got the watch and before telling anyone, I let it run for 10 days to make sure it works.
Now about 2 weeks later, it seems to work, so I am making this post, while hoping I wouldn't have to edit it anytime soon.

I want to especially thank Dan, who not only covered the expenses, but his replies were very prompt and he conducted himself as a true gentleman. In our game, where trust and your word is everything, his is as good as anyone's.

I finally, hopefully, got a watch I been after for few years. My search was long and I flipped over 20 pairs, from Omega to Sinn, to B&M XXL, to many other expensive pieces. None fit me, til I found this one.

So it joins my Zilla, pathfinder, B&M XXL, in my small rotation.

Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hey, Dima!!!

I'm sooooooo happy for you, my friend!

You totally deserve to have the watch working properly, after finally landing such a pristine exemplar and after chasing it for so long.

Wear it in excelent health, brother!

Kind regards,
CHRIS

P.S.: I wonder who would your brazilian friend be?! ;D :-* Not many brazilian guys around this forum.... ;)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
ptolemy said:
:p Chris. Save kisses for your wife, but I'll take a beer! ^-^
Dully noted, my friend! Dully noted! ;)

But you deserve a few cases of beer or an entire keg from me! You know why... 8)

Enjoy that bad boy in good health, brother!
Regards from your friend
CHRIS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts