The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just back from a long stay at the watchmaker, I bought this watch on a whim and at great risk ..

these are the seller photos : http://watches.cru2.net/share.php?share=db7adef3cf57132c3fcca6c7b21fafeb

I had lost out on bidding on a similar watch in better condition a couple of hours earlier, and still smarting from that defeat I kept bidding up this one in the hope that it would be better than the pictures suggested ;)

Turns out that, though I overpaid a bit, it wasn't such a bad purchase. The movement was OK though the oil was totally solidified and the only missing bit is actually the winding rotor (which I haven't managed to obtain yet) so I have a handwinding GS which will be later upgraded to autowinding :)

Here are the photos as it is now .. I quite like the watch, very funky, though I doubt I'll be convinced to sell my other GSes (45GS and 6146-8000) so maybe this one will have to find a new home .. in the meantime i'm wearing it very happily :)

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wow, didn't even know Seiko did this kind of GS. Looks like a flashback from the 70s !

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Very unique.

KS had the Vanac line.

This would be the GS equivalent.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep it's a sort of 'GS Vanac' .. I quite like it actually. I really need a winding rotor for it, I suspect a 6119A rotor will match .. The one with 2 screws to keep it in place unlike the B and C models. The 36000 bph movement has a really cool sound and is keeping accurate time :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts