The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4205-015k midsize that is in need of a movement and was told by a watchmaker that it is a 4205B. Is there a readily available movement that will work in this case? Also I have read somewhere that a Seiko 4206 will also work.
Secondly, what do the last 4 digits/letters mean after all of the 4205 models. If been looking for this information and have never been able to find out.
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
The first 4 numbers are the movement number and the last 4 are the case model. Not sure about the 4206 movement but if the stem location is the same it seems it should fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, but did they really make that many different cases that only the last digit/number is differs and appear to looks the same. I've seen 4205-015 with 0, 2, 5, b, k, t and a few others?

·
Researcher
5,264 Posts
4205/6/7 a or b, or SII/TMI NH05/6 will all fit - as long as the hand height is the same,and the crown is in the same orientation (you can swap day date from old to new if you need to).
The 4205 is date, 4206 day/date and 4207 was 21j AFAIK.
SII NH05/6 is 21j now and they upgraded the size of winding rotor.
A and B main difference is that the A has a full bridge style cock and the B is one sided - but same balance wheel.
You can remove the extraneous day wheel if you want - but shouldn't make any real difference if left in situ.
And yes, they did make all those cases- and more http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japa...re-good-examples-4205-divers.html#post1033618

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the answers, that's great! I'm new to this watch repair thing and sometimes the info is very limited. Time to start looking!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The eBay seller who has loads of Seiko-related stuff for sale. In particular, he sells used Seiko cases and movements, the great advantage of the former being that they have not been over polished, thus losing the crisp edges. I'm not sure if I can reveal his eBay username on this forum, but it is similar to a person who collects watches. An eBay search for "Seiko 4205" should find him.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Researcher
5,264 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy a new NH05 movement - cheap, reliable and readily available from Startime supply.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried to open an account a few days ago at startime but never received a response. I'm going to contact them tomorrow and find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Startime supply does not sell to hobbyists... So did you cheat by the registering or did they change their rules ?

Envoyé de mon LT25i en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts