The Watch Site banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: A cross between the Monster & the Knight: the Seiko SKXA33 200M Automatic Diver!

Devilinside said:
Wow! Nice pictures. My mouth is waterinng, slurp! I just talked to Tricia (my sister) in order to send it to me ASAP when it arrives........Thanks a lot Angelo!
Hernan, you are so welcome!

It always seems like this...but over the years, it has become sort of a quest/mission of mine to find great & obscure Seiko pieces, and then to share that goodness with all of you (well, that's after I've purcased several examples for myself first!). :dance: :)

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Re: A cross between the Monster & the Knight: the Seiko SKXA33 200M Automatic Diver!

Quick update!:

2 NOS SKXA33 divers remain; both on e-bay...

georgeh7398 e-bay

and one left on Capitalmall too!

Grab one while you still can! :)

· Registered
1,765 Posts

Another one for your herd. :))

Mine, from Capitalmall, is comming to Spain from Miami;)

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Devilinside said:
Another one for your herd. :))

Mine, from Capitalmall, is comming to Spain from Miami;)
Mine came to me all the way from Singapore! I actually have had 7 of these at one time, kept 5 for my "herd", and gave one to my cousin, and one to my little younger brother.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

:)) There are just 2 left on e-bay!
I hope the sellers (Capitalmall has 1; and georgeh7398 has 1) find homes for them! :)

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

E-bay seller has a 2005, July, Malaysia movement...awesome example!

SKXA33 tips:

Watch production from 2002 - 2005 (4 years production)
Caseback code (Singapore): 7S26-01C0
Caseback code (Malaysia): 7S26-01C1

· Registered
1,765 Posts

Finally, I received mine. Went Capitalmall-MySister's-Spain.
And have to thank you Angelo, for the heads up. I didn't know this model until you showed it up in this thread. Got to tell you that I'm more than happy with it. A solid and massive watch, screaming "quality" everywhere. Great looking indeed, I just love it.

Thanks a lot my friend. Here's the first and only shot of it:

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Devilinside said:
Finally, I received mine. Went Capitalmall-MySister's-Spain.
And have to thank you Angelo, for the heads up. I didn't know this model until you showed it up in this thread. Got to tell you that I'm more than happy with it. A solid and massive watch, screaming "quality" everywhere. Great looking indeed, I just love it.

Thanks a lot my friend. Here's the first and only shot of it:

[/font]
[/quote]

I am so happy for you! It is GORGEOUS!!!!!

It will be your friend for many years to come.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

Angelis said:
Just to entice you further, take a look at these pics I found on e-bay: 2005, July, Malaysia movement...awesome example!

Watch production from 2002 - 2005 (4 years production)
Caseback code (Singapore): 7S26-01C0
Caseback code (Malaysia): 7S26-01C1

[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[/quote]

[b]UPDATE: [/b]

I thought I'd let you fine people know that there is one of these left on e-bay. The seller appears to be keeping it at the same price.

:)

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

ramairthree said:
I have not seen one in ages, congrats.
It was discontinued in 2005, and in a very rare once-in-while, I seem to bump into one. It's such a SOLID diver! :)

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

WOW!!!! :a102:

This is now selling for that price! I cannot believe the prices that I am seeing.

· Registered
820 Posts

Late last year,I was looking for a SKXA33 monster knight when I got into a 'seeking the monster variant' mood. I wanted an unique monster,something different but just wasnt sure if theres any model I not yet know of or may have forgotten. A random search in ebay and noticed the SKXA33 with pretty unique outlooks(ugly to some probably). And more searches using google linked me to Angelis's bro(Angelo) thread regarding this model. Angelo is also kind enough to share sales links and personal feedback of this watch with me and I thank him for that.

I gave a NOS/mint skxa33 a pass and havent been thinking about this watch lately until a local forum bro mentioned to me about one for sale somewhere. Though its in rather used condition but I am fine with it as long as it doesnt need repairs and least decent enough for wear. So off I went and bought the used watch locally.

Its a watch not meant for everyone. Some collectors will shun from it when they see an integrated bracelet and probably the bezel design and small crown. That was also on my mind then but I do not have that higher expectations as long as its an auto/200m diver/monster variant.

I wanted one because of 2 reasons. Firstly is its unique dial with its 'finger shaped?' applied hour markers. That matches the thickness of the monster hands it has. The overall look of the hands set on the dial looks balanced and time reading is so much easier.

Next would be the comfortable wearing of it on my wrist (as read from reviews). And when I had the chance to tried this watch on before I bought it, It does hug my wrist well and secure nicely due to the case shape and 1st bracelet links that are curvy. I like the feeling but as I said,it isnt for everyone unless you are willing to try on intergrated bracelet watches.

Rest of the features are ok to me. Bezel turns smoothly with clicks and has raised 12,3,6,9 markers(only polished portion on this watch as rest should be brushed). Crown might be small but its ok since mine screws down with 3 turns. Has the usual bracelet with dive extension(though no spare links on mine).

Overall,a watch that's uniquely monster knight,an under-rated hence forgotten timepiece by Seiko. Love it or hate it.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

tunafied said:
Late last year,I was looking for a SKXA33 monster knight when I got into a 'seeking the monster variant' mood. I wanted an unique monster,something different but just wasnt sure if theres any model I not yet know of or may have forgotten. A random search in ebay and noticed the SKXA33 with pretty unique outlooks(ugly to some probably). And more searches using google linked me to Angelis's bro(Angelo) thread regarding this model. Angelo is also kind enough to share sales links and personal feedback of this watch with me and I thank him for that.

I gave a NOS/mint skxa33 a pass and havent been thinking about this watch lately until a local forum bro mentioned to me about one for sale somewhere. Though its in rather used condition but I am fine with it as long as it doesnt need repairs and least decent enough for wear. So off I went and bought the used watch locally.

Its a watch not meant for everyone. Some collectors will shun from it when they see an integrated bracelet and probably the bezel design and small crown. That was also on my mind then but I do not have that higher expectations as long as its an auto/200m diver/monster variant.

I wanted one because of 2 reasons. Firstly is its unique dial with its 'finger shaped?' applied hour markers. That matches the thickness of the monster hands it has. The overall look of the hands set on the dial looks balanced and time reading is so much easier.

Next would be the comfortable wearing of it on my wrist (as read from reviews). And when I had the chance to tried this watch on before I bought it, It does hug my wrist well and secure nicely due to the case shape and 1st bracelet links that are curvy. I like the feeling but as I said,it isnt for everyone unless you are willing to try on intergrated bracelet watches.

Rest of the features are ok to me. Bezel turns smoothly with clicks and has raised 12,3,6,9 markers(only polished portion on this watch as rest should be brushed). Crown might be small but its ok since mine screws down with 3 turns. Has the usual bracelet with dive extension(though no spare links on mine).

Overall,a watch that's uniquely monster knight,an under-rated hence forgotten timepiece by Seiko. Love it or hate it.

[img]
[/quote]

:bravo_2: I am so happy that you were able to find one of these rare gems! Like you said, the Seiko SKXA33 is a very unique piece, and although it may not be your run-of-the-mill Seiko SKXdiver, it is, without a doubt, a very special piece, and something to be treasured.

I know you will enjoy it for many years to come.
Thanks for your thoughts in my thread, and it was a pleasure working with you to try to locate one. :clap:

All my best,

· Registered
184 Posts

I have to agree with all the sentiments here. Just acquired a NOS mint SKXA33 less than two months ago. She is a beauty! Have to thank Angelis also for his relentless promotion of this awesome diver. Even at this late date, I was able to get one brand spanky....Consider myself very fortunate. Here's a few pics...

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

1Watch2Many said:
I have to agree with all the sentiments here. Just acquired a NOS mint SKXA33 less than two months ago. She is a beauty! Have to thank Angelis also for his relentless promotion of this awesome diver. Even at this late date, I was able to get one brand spanky....Consider myself very fortunate. Here's a few pics...

I am so happy you found one of these rare beauties! It's a treasure for sure! Thanks for posting your pics and comments, it means a lot to me.

Cheers,

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·

Jeje3325 said:
Rare bird nowadays :)

congrats on your catch.

Still got mine tucked away, comes out once in a while :)
It's good that you posted. :great: These beauties are getting VERY scarce.

Cheers,

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.