The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY! I had been looking for one of these for quite some time, heck, ever since I gave my only one to my cousin...and I NEVER should have done that!

Well, now, I got it back, another new one, and at a great price. VERY rare, VERY discontinued!

See the hands, see the bracelet, see the dial (very Knightish)...the marriage of the Monster and the Knight!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Re: INCOMING cross between a Monster and a Knight!

8) Congrats again Angelis.
I always learn something new with your posts. lol. :-*

I also am driven to find one for the herd too. ???

Great pics, enjoy your reunion with that monster X.

Dave.

·
Registered
854 Posts

I am pretty sure WW lee at chronograph.com has had one of those for some time. It has been a truly unloved model, as I think Angelo is the first to ever post about this watch.

A quick google search located this watch for about $30 less than chronograph.com, but the trust I have for WW lee vs some unknown internet seller may be worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Isthmus said:
So do you plan on spilling the beans on your source or are you just going to leave us drooling?
My source purchased it from a US Seiko store...and as I waited for this one, I realized what a complete fool/idiot I was to give it away...for nothing! For me, and as you all know how much I love my Knights, this watch has both Monster/Knight features...and they are clearly evident. No pin/collar, just simple split pins. Also, guys, believe me, the smoothest rotating bezel I have ever touched...reminiscent of the good old oil-injected bezels.

I shared this story with some other forumers on other forums, and now I'll share it with you.

I gave this watch to my cousin Frank. He's a clutz with anything mechanical. So he's my cousin through marriage, and I wanted to welcome him to the family with a Seiko automatic. I had given almost every male, and a few females in the family, a new Seiko automatic...as I introduce the family to the world of automatics. I gave this beauty to Frank, and he drops it. All was okay. In his care, it fell 5 feet down from off the top shelf of the bookcase, it survived. He was invited to my house for Easter dinner, and I saw that he wears the watch with the crown unscrwed to the 1st postion...he says he likes it that way because he doesn't have to bother with screwing/unscrewing the crown. That INSANE behavior of his, and me witnessing all of it, made me regret the gift so much, that I had to find another one for me, and treasure it more.

So Gabe, I bought the only one that timewatch777 (on e-bay) had. He sold it to me for $198.00 + free ship. If you really want one, I'll PM you with one more seller, a bit more expensive, but he's good, and in NYC.

Angelis ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

aladin_sane said:
I am pretty sure WW lee at chronograph.com has had one of those for some time. It has been a truly unloved model, as I think Angelo is the first to ever post about this watch.

A quick google search located this watch for about $30 less than chronograph.com, but the trust I have for WW lee vs some unknown internet seller may be worth the extra cash.
I go after the obscure forgotten models...because...as time always tells...they are the true value-packed beauties, the true gems!

Angelis ;D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

aladin_sane said:

AND it's worth every dollar!

Angelis ;D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: INCOMING cross between a Monster and a Knight! The Seiko SKXA33 200M Diver!

aladin_sane said:
I think you should take the watch back from your cousin. Wearing it with the crown unscrewed is just irresponsible.
After what he has done to it, he can keep it! I waited so long for the price to come down on this one...and with most any seller, it has not. Plus, they are discontinued, and hard to find at a respectable price...but all is well now, as I wait for it with a nice warm wrist!

Angelis ;)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

Well at least he was wearing it. I gave a friend at work an old 5126 dress watch a couple of months ago as he was always interested in my older watches and he is a dress watch kind of guy, I have never seen him wear it since.. ???

Angelis said:
I gave this watch to my cousin Frank. He's a clutz with anything mechanical. So he's my cousin through marriage, and I wanted to welcome him to the family with a Seiko automatic. I had given almost every male, and a few females in the family, a new Seiko automatic...as I introduce the family to the world of automatics. I gave this beauty to Frank, and he drops it. All was okay. In his care, it fell 5 feet down from off the top shelf of the bookcase, it survived. He was invited to my house for Easter dinner, and I saw that he wears the watch with the crown unscrwed to the 1st postion...he says he likes it that way because he doesn't have to bother with screwing/unscrewing the crown. That INSANE behavior of his, and me witnessing all of it, made me regret the gift so much, that I had to find another one for me, and treasure it more.

So Gabe, I bought the only one that timewatch777 (on e-bay) had. He sold it to me for $198.00 + free ship. If you really want one, I'll PM you with one more seller, a bit more expensive, but he's good, and in NYC.

Angelis ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: INCOMING-Cross between a Monster/Knight! Seiko SKXA33 200M Diver-SHE'S HERE-PICS

I hear you, but I mean c'mon...love your watches, don't treat them with such a lack of care and concern.

Angelis ;D

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Re: INCOMING-Cross between a Monster/Knight! Seiko SKXA33 200M Diver-SHE'S HERE-PICS

Wassssup my brother????

You are the guru my friend. That is a nice find :-* :-*

Now you have to get serious and get a Citizen Eco-Drive. :))

Angelis said:
[size=1.45em]Here she is!

[/i][/b]
[b][i][img][/i][/b]

[b][i][img][/i][/b]

[b][i][img][/i][/b]

[b][i][img][/i][/b]

[img]

[b][i][img][/i][/b]

[size=1.45em][b][i]And all of this for only $198.00 & free ship![/i][/b]

[b][i][size=1.45em]Angelis :) [/i][/b]
[/quote]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

YO Frankie! AND then they say that I'm the enabler. ;D Yes, I will soon buy a Citizen, but I have not yet finished my mission of purchasing the best of the SKX Divers.

And this gem is special, I may buy one more...just a heads up!

Angelis ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: ARRIVED!-Cross between a Monster/Knight! Seiko SKXA33 200M Diver-SHE'S HERE-PICS

Just had to mention again the beauty that is this watch! It's one HEAVY SOG! But it's so SOLID, I truly cannot believe that I got for a bit less than 2 Bills.... 8) Angelis

·
Registered
9,876 Posts

[glow=green,2,300]Great story! (And cool SEIKO!) [/glow]

[quote=Angelis]

My source purchased it from a US Seiko store...and as I waited for this one, I realized what a complete fool/idiot I was to give it away...for nothing! For me, and as you all know how much I love my Knights, this watch has both Monster/Knight features...and they are clearly evident. No pin/collar, just simple split pins. Also, guys, believe me, the smoothest rotating bezel I have ever touched...reminiscent of the good old oil-injected bezels.

I shared this story with some other forumers on other forums, and now I'll share it with you.

Angelis ;)
[/quote]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

JohnN said:
[glow=green,2,300]Great story! (And cool SEIKO!) [/glow]
[/quote]

And that's the real reason I really appreciate this watch more...because I have seen someone not appreciate it and mistreat it...it's alive to me! :))

Angelis ;D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: ARRIVED!-Cross between a Monster/Knight! Seiko SKXA33 200M Diver-SHE'S HERE-PICS

Hello Angelo!

What do you sprinkle on your posts? You seem to have this talent of finding obscure models and making us want one, too!

I guess, just like the Knight - the bracelet can't be changed because of the unique lugs, right? Not that I want to do this on the knight - the bracelet, as you have pointed out, is outstanding... but is the bracelet on the SKXA33 just as good?

Thanks, Angelo!

·
Registered
772 Posts

8)

Great one Angelis!

One thing makes me sad. Worn with the crown unscrewed?!! :-[

And discontinued and hard to find? :'(

Okay thats two things lol

Congrats to you Sir Knightangelis

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

OrientDiver said:
Hello Angelo!

What do you sprinkle on your posts? You seem to have this talent of finding obscure models and making us want one, too!

I guess, just like the Knight - the bracelet can't be changed because of the unique lugs, right? Not that I want to do this on the knight - the bracelet, as you have pointed out, is outstanding... but is the bracelet on the SKXA33 just as good?

Thanks, Angelo!
Maybe I just sprinkle a bit of TLC! Thanks buddy! Yes, the bracelet is securely integrated with the very unusual case...it's STRIKING! The bracelet is SOLID and very HEAVY...and like the Knight, FORMS to your wrist. I'm so glad I was able to find one for me.

Angelis ;D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts