The Watch Site banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the detail write up and comparison photos. I am awaiting for Uncle Seiko Willard LE president if there is one. Do you think once could possible to modify Willard X bracelet for LE?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the detail write up and comparison photos. I am awaiting for Uncle Seiko Willard LE president if there is one. Do you think once could possible to modify Willard X bracelet for LE?
I think you can but since it is a hard solid endlink you may have to grind longer to fit the gap. But again this requires an experience guy who can grind and file the endlink well. I did mine using the SKX013, a non solid endlink which is easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the review. They are both nice watches. Your review was very informative and the picture were very good as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the outstanding comparative review and pics!

I do honestly think the 033’ is superb apart from its case size. I almost bought one a couple of years back. IMHO those who purchased the 033’ aren’t fools. They got a heck of a watch any time of the day compared to the Willard X.

·
Special Member
6,523 Posts
I wore the SLA033 all day long 2 days ago and the Willard SPB151 all day yesterday.

The Willard is clearly smaller and size wise feels more like the original on the wrist, while the SLA033 is a big bigger than both the others.
I happen to like that but I also think the larger size is generally not going to prove popular. The SPB151 size will be right for more guys I think.

The Willard somehow just lacks the magic on the wrist of the 6105-8110 or the SLA033 , don't ask me why, but that's my experience. Yet it is a very nice watch on its own.

Regarding the price point, I am also not sure how a 6R35 powered watch, even with a higher end mid-scale bracelet with diver's extension and sapphire crystal, can turn into a $1,100 price tag.

I quite like the Willard. I give it high marks. If you are on the fence as the OP stated, go for it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts