The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Craftsman
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not often you get to see a few of these together, I had a couple in for work last week, a 6159-7010 for a couple of small jobs and a 6159-7001 for complete restoration. I thought I'd take the opportunity to pose them for a picture with mine before they go back :)

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
They do look nice Duncan :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Absolutely fantastic Duncan. And great job on the restore.
Must have been painful to have to return them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Wow, awesome trio !

Love all three of them. :13:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So that's how heaven looks like :grin:

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Lovely:clap::clap: I need a grandpa tuna really badly ,don't suppose you could get address mixed up could you Duncan and send it to me :grin:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Very nice.

Does the 300M on the right have a "gold" bezel insert that faded or is it silver?

The 300M in the middle seems to have a "yellow" bezel insert more than a gold color.

Curious if they were original or repop.

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
very very nice

It's not often you get to see a few of these together, I had a couple in for work last week, a 6159-7010 for a couple of small jobs and a 6159-7001 for complete restoration. I thought I'd take the opportunity to pose them for a picture with mine before they go back :)

:great: :great:

·
Craftsman
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice.

Does the 300M on the right have a "gold" bezel insert that faded or is it silver?

The 300M in the middle seems to have a "yellow" bezel insert more than a gold color.

Curious if they were original or repop.
All 6159-700x's all start out life with a bezel like the one in the middle, the only difference being they either have countdown or countup numbering. The gold look does fade to varying extents over time, the one on the right still has a slight gold tinge to it when viewed in the right light. The one in the middle is a NOS item. I don't know of anyone reproducing these bezels, they'd have to make the whole thing as the insert can't be removed without damaging or destroying it.

Once they really get faded they look like this

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
those are gorgeous...great pics too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts