The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the black dialled one is a 6106-8227, with hacking, i can live without hacking but i do like it when i have it ;) i have been timing this one over the last 12 hours and it is within a second, never fails to amaze me the quality of these old Seiko models, they sure made them quality back then as now.

The silver dialled one is a 6106-7119 again another beauty, the 60s and 70s to me really seems to be IMO when Seiko had the models with the appeal or is it just my age ? :)

You have to say that the Rally is a great looking model (well i think so ;D )

Another thing that surprises me is the number of early models that had the hacking and not a lot of the later ones, why dident they do such has the prolific 6309 as hacking ? i suppose perhaps cheaper to produce, perhaps saved them one dollar per watch :'(

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Go John Go.Two gorgeous keepers you have there.Love the looks of both.Great pics also. 8)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here's my 6106-7117 from March 1970. This one has the 6106c hacking movt

I noticed recently that these have been given more mention on the forum than in the past which is great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love these type of posts! Teaches me about the history of Seikos and lets me branch out. I love the black dial one on the right. How much do these usually run and are they pretty rare? I'd love to own at least 1 of them. Man my wish list has just gotten longer...bullheads, ufos.....

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
the black dialled one is a 6106-8227, with hacking, i can live without hacking but i do like it when i have it ;) i have been timing this one over the last 12 hours and it is within a second, never fails to amaze me the quality of these old Seiko models, they sure made them quality back then as now.

The silver dialled one is a 6106-7119 again another beauty, the 60s and 70s to me really seems to be IMO when Seiko had the models with the appeal or is it just my age ? :)

You have to say that the Rally is a great looking model (well i think so ;D )

Another thing that surprises me is the number of early models that had the hacking and not a lot of the later ones, why dident they do such has the prolific 6309 as hacking ? i suppose perhaps cheaper to produce, perhaps saved them one dollar per watch :'(
A gorgeous pair John. Here are my Rally's:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
John, you got some great looking rally's there.
I've always wanted one of those beaute's and still do. They're scarce.
Some guys are always hoarding all them nice Rally's out there. LOL, just kidding.
RallyDiver has the best looking rally collection to envy. Just mesmerizing. ;D

As long as you guys keep posting yours, it'll remind me to look out for one. ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Some serious eye candy in here! Beautiful Tiger love the look ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts