The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aka The Tiger Uk.

Short story,I brought 3 watches with me from aussie for John to refurb,whilst in England visiting family. Before I had chance to post the watches , I ran into an old school mate . We travelled around Aussie in the late 70s before the word backpacking was invented. He bought a 7548 in Perth 1979. He told be his watch gave up the ghost a few years ago. So I ask John if he wouldn't mind adding another one to the list. In true John style the reply was 4 is as good as 3 ,send it..
Turned out the watch in 2010 was in really bad shape, severe corrosion,masses of grunge and gunk and not looking good to repair. My mate is a bricklayer so you can may picture the state of the watch.
John doesn't give in easy thats for sure, and this is how it turned. Both photos are John's

new insert
new sapphire crystal
new hands
new seals
new coil
clean up dial
several attempts at regulating and finally succeeding
New z22 strap added by me later

All this at no cost to him and when he wears it hopefully he will think of his old mate downunder. Told him no way can he wear it for work now.

My watches

insert
sapphire crystal
seals

Sapphire crystal (harolds)
Hands "
seals
movement checked and regulated

sapphire crystal
insert
seals

All this done in less than 3 weeks and returned to me in a leather carry case.

Having said this many times before to John. THANKS BIG TIME

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
What a great job on all 4 watches and a very generous supply of parts and time for your mates 7548.

It really does appear that John is the man and we are all lucky to have him as a moderator here.

·
Registered
822 Posts
This is what the SCWF is all about. Way to go, Tiger! ;)

·
AqualandKing & Special Member
18,386 Posts
John The Tiger UK......That Scoundrel who works in the Zoo with those caged Big Cats!!!!.Or do You mean the Guy from Leicester John Bentley who is a Great Guy and WIS a true Gentleman,hes also a good Friend and goes out of his way to help others like us with watch problems.
John you did good my friend"Yet again" MM is going to be fired down to you mate to test drive....You deserve it.Well done. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts