The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hello folks,

This will be my fourth Seikomatic-P, and I have grown very fond of these unusual watches, The movements seem very well made, robust and very accurate, considered by some to be s chronometer-grade with their fine regulator, self-compensating hairspring, abundant jeweling and huge balance.

I have never bought from this seller before, dung_chrono, but they have 100% positive feedback, and the watch as pictured looked to be in great condition with a very attractive "beads of rice" style bracelet.

Click for Big Image

Certainly well padded...

Click for Big Image

Hey, more free tupperware!

Click for Big Image

A safely padded roll of bubble wrap...

Click for Big Image

And there is the watch!

Click for Big Image

It is a 1968 Seikomatic-P, model 5106-7010, with a navy blue dial, and the well-respected, 33 jewel, automatic, hand-wind-able, hacking 5106A movement.

Click for Big Image

Taking a closer look, we can see what great condition it is in, and get a look at that silky smooth bracelet. Yum! :p

Click for Big Image

Here is the famous "pressmatic" crown, with the center section that you press in to quick-set the date. No such convenience for the day however, it's 9 pm to 3 am, back and forth. But that would make sense if you wore one watch, it's the date you have to adjust each month, not the day.

Click for Big Image

The common side...

Click for Big Image

The clasp view...

Click for Big Image

And the case-back.

Click for Big Image

I could not resist wearing it immediately, and sure enough the bracelet is phenomenal! So flexible and smooth on the skin, it feels like you are not wearing a watch at all! :sleep:

Click for Big Image

I don't know if all "beads-of-rice" bracelets are this comfortable, but it sure puts the icing on the cake!

Click for Big Image

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
that is gorgeous..very find catch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts