The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, new here to your site and a Seiko/Orient owner. I have an old Citizen Quartz diver (6100 - GO3740K) 100 meter watch from the mid-nineties that has had a hard life, then neglected for 15 years or so in a toolbox drawer.
The second hand has come off in the case and it didn't work so I thought it was dead. I took it apart somewhat, messed about, cleaned the battery terminals a bit and I'll be gobsmacked - the thing is working!

I'd love to use this again but would need to have somebody go through it and tidy it up, put the second hand back on, maybe check things out, etc.? Who would I speak with to have this done? There's nobody local to me that can do this so it will have to be mailed to wherever.

EDIT So I just found the "Watch Repair - Parts - Modders..." link further down the page and I think that should take care of my question. I'll send a few emails and see what happens...nice forum! Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's definitely Wabi'd, with a nice natural patina, but not beat to hell. If I knew how to get the bezel off I would either try again to install the second hand, or simply remove it and go without...get a patina'd leather or a NATO band for it and go with it. It may not be a valuable watch but it does have a sentimental value to me and I'd really like to wear it again. It's also got great dimensions - 40mm at the case, just over 9mm thick, 42mm leg to leg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts