The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Special Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 8L35 that rocks at 8 bps = 28,800 beats per hour as used in the MM300s and most of the SBDX / SLA family is a well known caliber that provides super accurate daily performance.

Last night I was regulating a vintage watch while wearing an SLA025 that has the 8L55 HiBeat 36000 bph movement. So using a 53 degree lift angle as a guess (affects amplitude reading but not the spd) I tossed it on the TimeGrapher:
Watch Analog watch Gadget Gauge Clock

Pretty satisfied !

·
Special Member
3,932 Posts
Of all the reissues the SLA025 is a clear favorite of mine :) You are very fortunate to own one. Dial, hands, bezel, case, movement are just exquisite. I have been wanting to get one for a long time. Are they still available or are they all gone. IIRC the edition size was 1500? Also if you don't mind how is the price on these? Are they turnining up discounted on the secondhand market?

More photos please :)

·
Special Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of all the reissues the SLA025 is a clear favorite of mine :) You are very fortunate to own one. Dial, hands, bezel, case, movement are just exquisite. I have been wanting to get one for a long time. Are they still available or are they all gone. IIRC the edition size was 1500? Also if you don't mind how is the price on these? Are they turnining up discounted on the secondhand market?

I did get mine on the used market and got a good price. Yes limited run of 1,500 pcs. Very faithful especially the dial to the 6159.

Not sure if any are left in any AD display cases but I do know the Seiko Boutiques (before the move to only Grand Seiko) had a few here and there a year after their debut. A $5,400 price plus tax will do that.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Mine was bought new in Finland just a week ago. So perhaps there might be few watches still unsold, but how to find them… Below a few photos of mine, just because!:love:

Mine is running a bit fast, about +12, which is ok but of course i hope it will improve after a break-in period.

Watch Hand Analog watch Photograph Azure
Watch Analog watch Plant Botany Terrestrial plant

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

·
Craftsman
2,320 Posts
Just blows my mind that Seiko cannot take the time to regulate these LE pieces with 8L35 a bit better than they do coming out of the factory given their cost. My SBDX017 is terrific at a solid +5 se per day with 0.0 BE. However, my SBDX012 was running +15 per day which was a real annoyance to me. Seemed like I was constantly having to adjust the time on that watch so I finally got up the currant to open it and regulate the timing to +1/+2 sec per day.

Reactions: CombatID

·
Administrator
34,551 Posts
I have now been wearing my MM300 SBDX001 (8L35) 18/7 for the last six months and it is 1 (one) second slow total for the six months or 0.16 Second Per Month slow, i'm pretty happy with it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts