The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried shoulder-less spring bars on their Marine Master? By "shoulder-less", I mean the type where the two spring-loaded ends are the same diameter for their entire length. There is no step, or "shoulder". These are the type of spring bars that are used on Rolex and Tudor submariner cases with drilled lugs. They seem more secure, as the ends extend deeper into the lugs. However, I think the central tube's diameter is far less than 2.5 mm, so the stock bracelet end pieces would fit loosely.

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
227 Posts
For a correct fit of the bracelet the SBDX001 will only take the original Seiko fast spring bars of 20 mm. Anything else and the bracelet will have play and rattle.

The sbdx001 is to expensive to treat it with normal spring bars.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luka-San said:
For a correct fit of the bracelet the SBDX001 will only take the original Seiko fast spring bars of 20 mm. Anything else and the bracelet will have play and rattle.

The sbdx001 is to expensive to treat it with normal spring bars.

Luka,

I wan't proposing using "normal" spring bars, and I'm aware that the bracelet will rattle if one doesn't use a spring bar with a center tube having a diameter of 2.5 mm Have you ever tried shoulder-less bars, such as the ones that are used on the older Submariner cases, with a strap? They seem more secure than the Seiko bars, as the pins extend much farther into the lugs. That's my motivation, greater security.

Best,
Myles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts