The Watch Site banner

What is the average daily rate of your 8L35-0010 (out of the box, before regulation)?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is (was) the average daily rate of your Marine Master out of the box? That is, before it was regulated or otherwise adjusted. Be honest! ;D Mine's been running consistently 11 seconds per day (fast).

If you want, give us an idea of the age of the watch, and how it's worn and stored.

Myles

·
Registered
156 Posts
My MM is two years old. Wear it daily. Was about 3 sec fast at first, all of a sudden started to run slow by about 3 sec. Watchmaker regulated it and now its about 2 sec slow when worn during the day and about 2 sec fast during the night when face down on night table.I usually set it as per atomic clock beginning of month and dont worry about until the end of the month at which time its about 30 sec slow compared to atomic clock. I dont always wear it during the weekend. I am pretty happy with this :)
Paul

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paulvharte said:
My MM is two years old. Wear it daily. Was about 3 sec fast at first, all of a sudden started to run slow by about 3 sec. Watchmaker regulated it and now its about 2 sec slow when worn during the day and about 2 sec fast during the night when face down on night table.I usually set it as per atomic clock beginning of month and dont worry about until the end of the month at which time its about 30 sec slow compared to atomic clock. I dont always wear it during the weekend. I am pretty happy with this :)
Paul
Paul,

Glad to hear your MM is serving you well. I could definitely live with +3 s/d. Did your watchmaker initially balk at the one-piece case?

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well at first he told me he had no problems working on my watch. However, I had to tell him how to remove the crystal gasket etc etc. Although he was able to open the watch he also ended up scratching the crystal. I bought a saphire one from Yobokies and installed it myself. This watch will go to my grave with me :)

Paul

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got my regulated MM (work by Randall) 2 weeks ago today from Zoodles.

In he first few days, it was a little unstable but with 14 days on the wrist it's settled right down.

It runs NET about even. It gains 5 at night and loses 5 in the day on the wrist. I find if I wear the watch for a couple extra hours, or sleep in, or skip a day, that it can get +2 or -2, depending.

Certainly CAPABLE of oustanding accuracy, btu I don't think that's a proiority for Seiko when they consider the utility of a 300m pro He watch.

Cheers - Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
My MM300 is +2.5 per 24 hrs when on my wrist.When sitting in a drawer its +7sec or so.I'm thinking that when it's on my wrist it stays warmer and that makes it run slower-more accurate.Did anyone else notice similar behaviour? I bought the watch new +-6months ago.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought mine used about a year ago. It was made in 2006. When I first got it, it regularly gained between 1 and 3 seconds per day. Currently it is losing between 1 and 5 seconds per day. I will have it serviced sometime next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My mm300 is +0.5 s/24 hours, brand new it fluctuated a a little for the first days them stabilized and now runs with impressive accuracy.

This is my only watch, it is on my wrist 24 hours a day. Sometimes I wonder if lack of accuracy that some experience is due to constant temperature changes when taken of overnight and then put back on in the mornining, the watch being put in a winder, being left in the drawer for a couple of weeks and so on. Mechanical watches, I believe, are ment to stay on wrist....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Every marine master I've owned (six I think) were horrible time keepers. Still cool watches to wear and I expect to own another soon :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine was incredibly stuck at +5 seconds per day regardless of the pattern of usage, wrist or winder didn't matter and also the number of hours of wear didn't seem to have any measurable effect.

Sent from my SGS using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Every marine master I've owned (six I think) were horrible time keepers. Still cool watches to wear and I expect to own another soon :)
I tought really better result from the best non high beat movement from seiko.
Probably a calibration from a good watchmaker is what they need to get better accuracy?

Seiko factory calibration is not that good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts