The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i have titanium chrono with a 7t62a movement which seems to have expired, tried the tips on this site ref shorting out between battery and one of the contact holes with out success, i do have a majik box thing where you put it on and the box ticks if its running but no sounds from there although the hands move ok on the other test so i assume its dead so the help i need is, where will i be able to get a movement in the uk at a realistic price or can i fit another make easily, would prefer original, hope someone has the answer, thanks, steve

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve.

A member by the name of Killsnapz is in the same position as yourself. It is a possibility that the YM62, which was used in the Pulsar chrono, may be what you are looking for. If so, then cousinsuk is probably the place to get one from.

Regards

David

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Yes Dave is 100% correct. Buy yourself a YM62 complete movement and swap you stems dial and hands and be done with it unless you enjoy a good challenge and have spare like I do. The complete movement cost 42.92 from Cas-Ker co. here in the US and they even come with new stems! They are fantastic when you find a good deal on a salesman case that you like. You can typically put together watches that have full retail prices of $400 to $500 dollars for about $125 bucks. If you have a busted 7T32 which are very hard to come by new you can substitute the Pulsar Y182. They new movements are harder to find for the Y182 but a running used Pulsar with a good Y182 can be had pretty cheap. Same goes for the two Kinetic model Seiko 5M42 and 5M62. Pulsar YM42 and YM62 will drop right in at about half of the cost of the Seiko part. I have several high end Seiko I bought as Sample watches that are 100% undistinguishable from a non sample watch unless you remove the watch from your wrist and look at the back and most have cost me 1/4 of buying the watch.

Michael

·
Registered
225 Posts
You can get the Hattori YM62 a direct replacement for the 7T62 from Labanda in Australia for $38.50 + $30.23 US. Don't know what postage would be.

I only discovered this after I had paid $98 including postage from Cousins UK . :-(

Strange thing on the Cousins site they claim Seiko do not sell new movements only refurbished ones!

Max

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
You can get the Hattori YM62 a direct replacement for the 7T62 from Labanda in Australia for $38.50 + $30.23 US. Don't know what postage would be.

I only discovered this after I had paid $98 including postage from Cousins UK . :-(

Strange thing on the Cousins site they claim Seiko do not sell new movements only refurbished ones!

Max
Seiko does sell complete new movements if it has not been cancelled. The people at the parts counter have to actually put in a special request to get a complete unit and order it through different channels.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts