The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery died this weekend in my favorite Watch, a 7T32 (SDWE71P1). I bought this as new from Dan Braun several years back.

Is there someone recommended for sending it in for a battery change or just drop it off at the local jeweler to be changed / sent for change?

Should it be pressure tested or is that part of the battery change? ( I do not wear it swimming so the only water it sees normally is rain or hand washing)

No - I don't have the tools to remove the back and do it myself.

Thank You

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Almost any watch repair shop will change the battery for about $5 or $6.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it never gets used for swimming then, no, a pressure test is not necessary - and won't be done by any mall chain jeweler or watch kiosk anyway.
For a small investment you could buy the tool and do it yourself if you are so inclined. Just be aware that like any thing else you get what you pay for so the $3 opener from China may not be a wise choice. Having said that the $1.50 sticky ball type work surprisingly well and at least with those you can't do any damage.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi
Make sure whoever does it knows that you remove the top plate from the movement to place a new battery, its the two biggest screws that hold it.
I've seen lots of examples where people have just bent the plus conection to get the battery out.

seikola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts