The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SNZH57 (7s36 movement) that is about three years old. The last few times I've worn it, it has run very erratically.

The only local watchmaker that I trust works mostly on high-end stuff, so I'm not sure he'd want to spend any time on a lowly 7S36 movement.

My question for the group is: are these movements even repairable? I have several other 7Sxx movements that are older than this one, but I've never had an issue with any of them.

I'm open for suggestions.

PS - I've been registered here for years, but I had to re-register because the system insists that i don't exist any more.

--Les in FL

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Yes the 7S36 is very repairable. They most common repair the typically need is just a goo clearing and oiling. They are not hard to rebuild. I myself only do it as a hobby but there are others here that will do it for a fee. Someone will offer up their services here soon enough.

·
Registered
513 Posts
An opinion: It is all about cost. You can get an NH36 for $40 from Startime. If you can't do it yourself you would pay some one to do a "dial swap." $40-$45. Shipping all around and you are about $100 and you have a brand new movement. If you can do it yourself, $45 for the movement and shipping and you are good for years. So it all depends on what you can get a service for and if the difference would be worth having a new movement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok - the unit noted in THIS thread (I am not awake yet) will go in my 007, or my Monster? It is an appropriate replacement for the factory Seiko Movement?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Very repairable, and since a good watchmaker will likely adjust the watch in three positions (or more) it should be more consistent following service than it was when new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts