The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 7s36 movement on its way and I was wondering if its possible to shoehorn it into my skx007 to replace the 7s26. Are the stems swopable? Is it worth doing, in other words how much better is the 36 over the 26???
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well hello..well anything is possible..well first off the day and date wheels will need to be changed for the close to 4pm style...but overall i think it should be not that bad...i am not sure about the stems..but i am sure someone will chime in about that...sounds like a very cool mod...can i ask why you want to upgrade to the 7s36?...God Bless John

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Straight forward swap over. As above if the donor mov't has crown at 3 o'clock you will need to swap over the day/date wheels as the SKX007 has the crown at 3.18.
SKX007 (7s26A) stem will fit into the 7s36A ok. Im not sure about the b&c mov'ts, but i think they will fit, check first.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think I read that the two extra jewels in the 7s36 are not functional, so fundamentally there should be no performance difference between the 7s26 and 7s36.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks everyone, not sure if I'm going to attempt this one yet or not. I'll keep you posted if I do.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think I read that the two extra jewels in the 7s36 are not functional, so fundamentally there should be no performance difference between the 7s26 and 7s36.
The two extra jewels are cap jewels. Their only function is to retain oil on the pivots of the two wheels concerned.
There is no difference in performance between the 7s26 and the 7s36.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts