The Watch Site banner

7s26 snap clip

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bry1975 
#1 ·
Hi all, first time poster. I'm currently doing the very helpful 7s26 diy at Nick Hacko's website. Due to my low post count I am not allowed to post links.

I'm almost done, and have learned a lot. I've managed to lose only one screw! I have a question for more experienced people here:

I am about to reinstall the snap (part #0963 300) for the day disk, however I'm worried that I will either distirt it, or send it flying across the room. Waht is the best way to get this clip back on?

Thank you.

#2 · (Edited)
Its quite easy once learned ...

:s_hi::welcome: What I do is take a twizzer and hold lightly and place it onto the place its going. (.... Do this very lightly gripping it.... )
To set it right, I use this "
Illustration of some what I use :
I take a Bic Pen, twist the refill at the point area, pull it out,strip it of its refill, then leave the plastic end on yet, I use it to push the clip into place
very lightly. I have found that the Pen plastic hole does the job real good.
( REMEMBER DO IT .... " REAL LIGHTLY "... THE PRESSING DOWN OF THE
C -clip. )
Make sure the Bevel side on the clip faces up like this

_____________ Flat side on top, facing up.
\____________/
<.............. Watch stem for the hands.
OR This way :
Use the twizzer pressing down lightly, and to squeeze and crimp the ... C-Clip tighter on the stem.
Its been working for me everytime I do it.
Note: but it should just about do it it self, then squeeze it tight.
Always double check it to be sure.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
C-Clip for day/date wheels,Yes that right ....

That is it soulboy, you got it. The C-clip is very soft in material.
If you deface it in any way it will not retain the pressure locking
it is intended to do. Soft brass, and easy breakable also. Once you
do it you will get the feel of it, and it takes just a slight pressure to set it.
Thank you very much for retuning the reply back. I hope you will succeed in what your repairs call for. If it is in my capacity to answer
and you need some help, please let me know and I will try to help you.
Many others will reply also, because many have more experience than I do
in many areas. I too am a beginner searching for the knowledge to accomplish what I am doing. You are not alone. Also when taking it back out, I use a Ex-Acto Razor knife to lift it off lightly. Found it to be easier to lift.
Aloha .........LongBike

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.