The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2008 skx with a 7s26b movement. I've rebuilt multiple 6309, 7002, etc, with great success. I have to admit that I lost one of the train bridge jewel springs tonight. My first go with a 7s26. I don't think I can find it. Long story short, I was going to buy a replacement 7s26. Now that I think about it, maybe I should put in a hacking movement. Can I drop in an NH36? I apologize if this has been asked before. My search skills aren't the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yes you van drop in. You can swap day date disc if needed.

The only issue is the you can’t use the 7s26 stem on the nh36. This is only issue on diver watches with a stem/crown combo. Will have to buy a generic or a different stem crown to make it work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you van drop in. You can swap day date disc if needed.

The only issue is the you can’t use the 7s26 stem on the nh36. This is only issue on diver watches with a stem/crown combo. Will have to buy a generic or a different stem crown to make it work.

This is why I so appreciate the knowledge of this forum. I'm not married to hacking, and I'd like to use the stem I have. Are the 7s26A, B, and C interchangeable? Seems that it's very easy to find the C. Can I buy the 7s26C as a drop in for my B version? Thanks

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
7S26s are very good of course and the plates etc are better quality than NH36s so if you can replace the spring (yep, they're a pain to do) and overhaul it you'll have a good movement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
7S26s are very good of course and the plates etc are better quality than NH36s so if you can replace the spring (yep, they're a pain to do) and overhaul it you'll have a good movement.
I'd MUCH rather replace that jewel spring and put the original movement back in. But unless someone here has one, I can't find one to buy, I've looked. I don't want this movement sitting in plastic parts cases. I always want to use the original, to the watch, movement. If anyone has the spring, I'll buy it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts