The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
I think that Cousins stock a white on black English Kanji day wheel. Checked their site #0160298 Not in stock 😭 But was recently, about 8 squid.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I bought a couple of these wheels a few years back - swapped out my Arabic wheel on my SKX007J with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice job Saul. Black or white in stock at a reasonable price.

Go get 'em while you can if you are so inclined.

He seems to have had them for some time. I have used one in an SRP775 and one in an SKX781 and they are the business.

Sadly they are not available in kanji black for 3:00 crowns. I have an ALBA Blue Manta and an SKX031 just crying for them. I don't think Seiko makes them in that combination.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Surely the day wheel is the same for 3 and 4 O' crowns? (unless it's a C movement)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Surely the day wheel is the same for 3 and 4 O' crowns? (unless it's a C movement)

If it were a 6309 I think it would be. Not on a 7s2x. It's not that you cannot install it but it will never align 100% with the window.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
If it were a 6309 I think it would be. Not on a 7s2x. It's not that you cannot install it but it will never align 100% with the window.
True enough, jeez it's a head pickler sometimes

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
True enough, jeez it's a head pickler sometimes

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

There is a technical explanation for this and it has to do with the changes of when they went to non true 4:00 crown position, I think generally referred to as 3:18. I cannot recall the specifics but I am sure someone here knows it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
There is a technical explanation for this and it has to do with the changes of when they went to non true 4:00 crown position, I think generally referred to as 3:18. I cannot recall the specifics but I am sure someone here knows it.
It was done to reduce the number of day/date wheels needed for the various crown positions on the 7s series. Prior to this, there was a different part number for the three o'clock, wheel vs the 4 o'clock wheel.
The same date wheel can be used in both crown positions for the 7s series but the day wheel still has two parts numbers.

It comes down to there being 12 hour positions with 31 date positions and 7 day positions. 3:18 is one of those common positions for the date wheel.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
I did the maths last night, twisted my melon greatly, but now I've got it straight -and it seems it's actually a 3:17 crown position!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts