The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7002 diver with a poorly working movement. Has anyone on here dropped in a new movement? I know it's not straight forward, dial will have to be glued, pads broken off, day date position, crown position etc. Plan is to use a 7s26c from a oo7 donor, which I think is the correct thickness, 4 mm.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Yes it can be done but its a major headache. If you fit the 7002 dial to the 7s movement the date wont align, and the date wheels wont interchange, if you use the 007 dial the 12 indices wont align with the chapter or be center of the case lugs, If you remove the dial feet from the 007 dial to align the 12 indices then the date goes out of align, so you have no option other than to fit a dial without any day or date complication.

The 7002 is actually 4.75mm +/-.25 so you may need to alter the 7s26 spacer ring.
The easier route is to fit a 7009 movement and swap over the date wheels, then its plug and play.
Theirs loads of cheap 7009 dress watches on the bay.

Whats the problem with the 7002?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't opened it yet, I think the rotor bearing is damaged. Good idea on the different donor, might make things simpler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts