The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of making a PMMM (or really just something with SS on the indices) with a SKX171 dial, I was looking at using SKX031/33 ones (from case number 7s26-0040).

I would like to ask about compatibility. There are 2 main concerns as I already know they share the 7s26 movement.

1) Dial width

2) Dial feet placement given there is a crown difference (031 at 3, 007 at 4).

If anyone could please comment on this, I could really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
I been tinkering with some mods recently using 7S26 movements in other Seiko cases. As the movements I've obtained come with a locking ring attached they fit quite easily into a variety of cases, 7002, 6119 and 7009 as examples.

With regards to dials all the above cases have accepted a 28.5-29mm width dials which I have purchased from Yobokies, Dagaz and Raffles.

Sellers like Dagaz sell the same style dial with feet to suit the 3 or 4 o'clock position depending on which model you want to fit it too.

If the dial feet don't fit I just remove them and use adhesive spots to secure the dial, this solves the problem of the crown position.

Hope this helps

Steve

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Instead of making a PMMM (or really just something with SS on the indices) with a SKX171 dial, I was looking at using SKX031/33 ones (from case number 7s26-0040).

I would like to ask about compatibility. There are 2 main concerns as I already know they share the 7s26 movement.

1) Dial width

2) Dial feet placement given there is a crown difference (031 at 3, 007 at 4).

If anyone could please comment on this, I could really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jamie
Is it the dial on my pic top left?
Dial feet are between 1 and 2 and 7 and 8

·
Registered
23 Posts
skx031/7s26-0040 dial

Jamie and Lewie, I've been looking for a few of these dials--the one top left in your pic, Lewie. Can you please tell me where I can find them? Do either of you have a couple of spares you could sell me? Thanks, Dave:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts