The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 7n36 7a08 and don’t know too much about it but was wanting to add a quartz diver and was able to obtain a great condition watch far cheaper than a 7548 which I recently regifted to my father. Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
What do you want to know? :) The nice thing about that watch is that you can still buy 7n36 movements, so if something ever goes wrong, you can swap it out for less than $20. Having said that, the movements are much more cheaply made than the older 754x and 7C4x movements, but less of an issue since they're still around. Take care of that watch's bezel - the rounded profile makes it a scratch magnet and you'll be completely out of luck finding a new replacement part.

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
Seiko SHC033 - good examples are getting harder to find.

Lovely watch with accurate timekeeping and as mentioned, the movements are inexpensive and still available. NOS complete bezels are still available.

Speak under correction but I think they were made in the late 80's to early 90's.

Here's my SHC015 with the same movement

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice!
What do you want to know? :) The nice thing about that watch is that you can still buy 7n36 movements, so if something ever goes wrong, you can swap it out for less than $20. Having said that, the movements are much more cheaply made than the older 754x and 7C4x movements, but less of an issue since they're still around. Take care of that watch's bezel - the rounded profile makes it a scratch magnet and you'll be completely out of luck finding a new replacement part.
Thank you! I’ll definitely take care the bezel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Lovely watch with accurate timekeeping and as mentioned, the movements are inexpensive and still available. NOS complete bezels are still available.

Speak under correction but I think they were made in the late 80's to early 90's.

View attachment 457209
Very nice! The one I have coming has a Pepsi bezel and rubber straps. Will a 22mm jubilee band fit this watch?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

View attachment 457209

Just received and out the jubilee bracelet on! Very happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts