The Watch Site banner

7N33M movement advice please

917 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  InvictaJ26 
#1 ·
I am rebuilding a 1980s Seiko SQ100 Sport 6923 7069 (A) using a 7N33M movement.

This is to get the watch running and teach myself how to do it. :)

I have found the hands required are (Hr, Min, Sweep second) 110, 65,21 and the battery is a 371.

I have two questions I would appreciate some help on please.
The main supplier here in the UK offers two sets of hands which look suitable.
65/100 and 60/110 with a second hand which has the right diameter centre at 21mm but is slightly too long.

Any suggestions as to which set of hands I should go for, the 65/100 or 60/110 (or do I need to mix hands from both)?

I have also noticed on the bottom of the small compartment where the battery cell will go there is a metal tab which has a thin plastic covering strip on it. Will I need to remove the strip before I fit the battery?

My apologies if these are VERY basic questions. I'm leaning fast! :)

Thanks for looking,
Bern

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The hands are sized by the diameter of the shafts/ pinions to which they fit, not the length.
110/65/20 = 1.1mm / 0.65mm/ 0.2mm . Here's an example of an automatic watch with 150/90/20 hands.
Best to post pictures of what you're trying to describe - it's not easy without. DO NOT remove the insulator unless you want the smoke to escape from your watch - when the smoke is gone, it won't work!!
PLEASE - before you continue, download the tech pdf from the forum and read it, or you will destroy your watch very easily - been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.