The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Special Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know I can make the dial fit (removing the feet) but (I think I know the answer) are the hands going to fit a 7546 movement - specifically the minute hand???
Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'd say not, been looking at 7C43 hands mod, though the H&M hands are the same on 7C43 & 7c46, the seconds hand for the 7C46 is larger and won't fit the 7C43. These two calibers are different from the more common 6309, 7548, 7002, 7S26, which are interchangeable (from what I gather). This is what my research has unearthed, googling "7C43 hand sizes". Hence why I think these two movements haven't the mod effect like the family of other divers. Hope this helps, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I've never dealt with a 7546 movement, but under the impression the hands of most other divers will fit, as this movement substitutes the 7548 if that movement is trashed. Hope that all makes sense.
Kind regards, David

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nope, nothing is trashed. The 7c43 got a service, new coil and date change wheel.

I only proposed this because I don't wear either. Now, the easier question... can I just swap out the whole movement dial hands spacer and all?

I guess I can just give it a try but I'd like to know if this is just plug and play (my kind of mod):confused:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The 7646 movement is an old school movement with jewels and it is pretty hefty. in height and diameter. The only successful transplanting of the 7546 was into a 7002 diver case.
I currently have a 7C43 on the bench completely torn down. I also have a beat up 7C43 case. I have plenty of good 7546 movements in my movement storage bin.
When I ger a chance I might just look and see what if anything fits. Some type of movement holder would probably have to be custom made but that is not to hard.
I have an old set or word out 7C43 hands. I can pull a spare 7546 movement out and see if they fit.

Michael

·
Registered
156 Posts
The 7646 movement is an old school movement with jewels and it is pretty hefty. in height and diameter. The only successful transplanting of the 7546 was into a 7002 diver case.
I currently have a 7C43 on the bench completely torn down. I also have a beat up 7C43 case. I have plenty of good 7546 movements in my movement storage bin.
When I ger a chance I might just look and see what if anything fits. Some type of movement holder would probably have to be custom made but that is not to hard.
I have an old set or word out 7C43 hands. I can pull a spare 7546 movement out and see if they fit.

Michael

Michael that would be Amazing! Please let me know what you find out.

As it stands I'm likely not going to wear either watch as they just don't do it for me. If you needed a Tuna to test out let me know.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Will do. I have a couple things on the to do list so give me a day. I'll see how a complete 7546 sits in a 7C43 case.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Well looks like its not going to happen. The 7546 is just way to big for the 7C43 case. You would have to use a 6309 or 7002 or full size 7S26 case.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Another member directed me to a thread and apparently the old Pulsar Y513 will fit into the 7C43 case. The 7546 case is definitely to big but not buy a huge amount. Maybe some work on the movement housing and you could squeeze one in but I am not about to start grinding up a 7546 to find out!

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Well as it turns out I had a Y513 movement in my bin so I gave it a try in the 7C43 case. it does not fit. I can see if you were to cut the shield on the inside of the case where the stem goes through I think it would go. it would be a tight fit though it looks like.

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts