The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received my "new" used Darth Tuna. It is produced in March of 2005 so I would have suspected it to need a battery change by now as the battery life - as far as I know of - is rated at 5 years. Still, the watch runs at it is supposed to, and not by the two second intervals that indicate a battery change is necessary.

Any input on experiences with the battery life of the 7C46 driven watches is appreciated :) Other info in the nearest "surroundings" of the topic also very welcome ;) Thank You

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have heard of at least 4-5 cases of batteries lasting 7-8 years. Mine is due next year so I guess I will see.

I belive that strap is Maratac Elite. I does look really good on Tunas.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The strap is a Divestrap Classic ;) Very comfortable on the wrist. This is due to the material (soft/bendable, "sticks" to the wrist and very durable) and the thickness of the strap by the lugs. I have bought it in 24mm size and cut it to fit the 22mm lugs. It used to sit on my Tuna Can until the SBBN011 arrived :)

Regarding the battery, I will just wait until it begins to run with two seconds intervals. My watchmaker is a Seiko AD since 1974 and he actually looks forward to the battery job on the Darth Tuna ;) Randall (Dr. Seiko) has made a nice guide on how to change the battery on these models. A competent watchmaker should be able to do it with the guide read :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been needed one of those for a long time, now that I can wear a watch on my broke arm you need to send that to me for the summer only, and I can give you a full [analysis] I think thats how you spell it, of the watch. now if the wind is blowing in the right direction I can have it back to you by Christmas. hows that for a line of bull... :))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts