The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone (UK time anyway), thought I'd best post an update on my project 7C43, as I've had such unbelievable help from two members of the forum.
Had a movement that works but in slight disrepair, the pos or neg terminal had been snapped, not sure which, and wanted to do something with it. A case turned up on ebay and went crazy for it, and after the wait was disappointed that it was just the casebask that was 7C43, and a 7548 case, still had more than I'd started with though.
At this point TheTigerUK messaged me saying he had a case with crystal retainer he would swap as my case could be turned into one of his beautiful TSTs. Not believing my luck, I jumped at the chance for this, and duly sent him pictures of the cleaned up case. We both agreed, and the swap was done. Hopefully he is/was as happy as me with the deal.
At the same time barryw, a 7C43 lover like myself posted about his collection, and I noticed the hands on some of his watches weren't original, and since original hands would be almost impossible to track down, I thought why not. Myself not being able to find such objects, messaged him wondering where to buy them. He arranged the purchase and got them to me.
Still looking for a bezel, and this is where I think I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I'll be posting a WTB. Any sellers or leads appreciated.
Anyway, a big thank you to both John and Barry, been a big help, sorry the update took a while, been searching for the elusive bezel.
Here are a couple of pics!

Kind regards, David

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hey David. Glad it all came together . How did the hands go on - did you need to little tightening trick?

I will keep my eye out for a bezel - do you know if others will fit (7548 for example)

Barry

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey David. Glad it all came together . How did the hands go on - did you need to little tightening trick?

I will keep my eye out for a bezel - do you know if others will fit (7548 for example)

Barry
They fit like a dream, very happy indeed, also a life saver, bit too heavy handed for fettling with hands at the best of times.
Other bezels will fit, but 7C43 is an odd size, and a good bezel gasket is required to keep it on, the 7548, 6309, are just a little too big. Then there's the unique ratchet system, with the two half moons. Think I'd bodge a 7C43-7010 bezel, using two springs with click balls if I have to.
Be great if you could keep an eye out, my searching skills seem to be not as honed as yourself and others.

Regards, David

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Great news that the fitted straight off.
What you say about the bezels makes sense - one of my 7C43's does have a slightly loose bezel - so i guess its not teh correct one.

I just used a bigger cross section gasket and now it stays on just fine. I The diameter was incorrect - too small. But that doesn't matter. I just cut them and it maybe leave an arc of say 5mm short. The most important thing is the cross sectional diameter.

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Good that the 7C is getting there David, these projects can take time unless sometimes we get lucky.

IMO the bezel is a totally different size to the standard ones and is pretty unique to that model.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my opinion as well, wish it wasn't true though. Seiko made most of their modern diver bezels interchangeable around that time (I think), they must of known these would become rarer, and made them higgily piggily sizes just to annoy me :).
Got plenty of time, but is there enough bezels out there?
Bubble crystal from Dagaz Watches next I think.
Thank you both once again for your help.
Kind regards, David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts